First Gold Ring For BORNINOK!!!

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
As some may know, I have been dealing with a lot of my wife's health situation.........which has been going on since last September. Things are up, then they are down, then they are up....and lately they have been down. On top of everything else, I got word that my childhood friend (John) back in Oklahoma had committed suicide. So, to say that my mood was way, way past depression is an understatement. Found out that he, too, loved to metal detect.

Yesterday, Saturday, I decided to try to clear my head.......so I packed up my detectors and headed for one of the beaches I normally hunt. I decided to start out with my Excal 1000, but suddenly I heard the pitiful cry of my DFX crying "pick me, pick me, pick me". It reminded me of when I was in grade school, and nobody would pick John for their teams. So....I consoled my Excal 1000 and started out with my DFX. I found my normal load of fishing weights, pull tabs, and bottle caps. Suddenly it was as if someone was calling me to try this one spot on the waterline.......and promptly got an indicator for foil/tab. What they heck..............so I dug..........and there was a pull tab. Oh well...add it to the collection. Just as I was emptying out the scoop.....there it was........shiny gold ring. Since I had a ton of people around me, I didn't even look at it, just put it in my pocket and went back to MDng. I waited an entire hour before going back to my pickup and looking at the ring. Ok...maybe it isn't a huge diamond ring like everybody else finds..........but this is my FIRST REAL RING since taking up this hobby 2 years ago. I also found $1.39 in clad.

So, all the way home, I was on Cloud Nine. Nothing could ruin this high!!!!! Oops, until I heard the siren and looked in my rear view mirror to see a state trooper pulling me over. Okay, so I was doing 76 in a 55 zone...LOL Long story short....just got a verbal warning. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW

So, while the weight of the world is still on my shoulders, I feel a little happier. Because now I have found my first gold ring. It might not be big, it might be a tad scratched......but maybe it, too, once said "pick me, pick me, pick me".
HH,
Mel

borninok

DSC00202 (3).JPG

Upvote 0

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey Mel,

Great ring! I know I love digging those!

Sorry to hear of your friend. I can't imagine losing someone to suicide. I will remember you and your wife in my prayers!

Again, GREAT FIND

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Gold Man! :icon_sunny: It's Gold!! :icon_sunny: Congradts on finding it. Maybe it's a good sign of things to come.
Thanks for sharing and I hope things get easier for you.
Ed

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big time congrats on your first gold ring Mel... wtg :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend too.. : (

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Hey, I'm very sorry to hear about your wife and your friend.

Sounds like you had a great day at the waterline, and on the way home. A gold ring AND just a warning - things are starting to look up. :thumbsup:

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find OK. Love that ring. The pulltab hid that thing...lol

SKD

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Mel, congrats on the ring, wtg!!

Very sorry about your friend. Also hope your wife gets better soon. As a caregiver myself, I know how important it is to "clear" your mind once in awhile. Take care.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey... congratulations, Mel. Great ring. :icon_sunny:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on striking Gold, Mel! I wish you man, many more. 8)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Couldn't happen to a nicer person,
I am proud of youMel and really happy to read this too!
CONGRATS!!!

Peace and love
BDoo

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Mel!!!! You did it. A great looking ring. Congrats!! I haven't been out in awhile.

Keeping you and Gayle in my prayers.

DM

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot Dog Mel....I have been waiting to see a ring from you and you did it..Take care my friend and keep us posted on Gayle.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy congrats Mr. gold ring. :thumbsup: He smiles on us once in awhile Mel. Prayers all ways Mel.

Burdie

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Mel.
Big time congrad's on that ring. Sorry to hear about your friend. I just came into work today to find out a coworker was killed in a car crash.
Take care of your self.
Joe

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. He must have been looking out for you. Congrats on the ring.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Great!!! Congrats on your 1st! A bit of :icon_sunny: might not take all the sadness and frustration away but can sure make for a happy (or in your case-hoppy) moment. :wink: Thank goodness the trooper was in a good mood too. :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
awwww it is gorgeous!! ~happy dance~ I am so very happy for you! You are always in my prayers sweet man and sorry to hear that things are rough but sure glad to see that ring and know it brought a smile to your face! love ya! ~hugsnprayers~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions