mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
First "good" pennies in over a month!

Hello all

I know a lot of you find old silver and wheats and IH all the time. But these coins seem to be ellusive here for me right now. I stopped by my Mother's house yesterday, it is where I lived as a kid and spent 45 minutes swinging the old Tesoro. My mom said I wouldn't find anything since my dad had really covered the yard with his machine over 22 years ago! The first signal I hit and dug were two weaties, my first in over one month and they were both in the same hole! A 51 and 44, I scratched the one with my digging tool. I found a lot of other stuff as well including a glass button lying on the ground in the backyard and my FIRST token. The token on the left is mine the one on the right is one my father found in the backyard over 22 years ago and his was in much better shape. If you squint just right you can make out the upper portion of the state of Missouri on the token and the word Missouri and the pt of receipt are still visible on my token. One more goal down and about three more to go! BTW my mom got out a box of coins my dad had found, lots of foreign coins, silver and some old pennies including 4 IH he found inside a tin can at an old house near by. My mother insisted I take a 1904 IH home with me so I did. I didn't get a picture of it yet but I will and maybe I will post it. The IH is in amazing shape. Anyone know anything about glass buttons?

Attachments

• allstuff.JPG
    allstuff.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 314
  • glassbutton.JPG
    glassbutton.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 318
  • pennyback.JPG
    pennyback.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 316
  • pennyfront.JPG
    pennyfront.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 313
  • shell.JPG
    shell.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 312
  • token.JPG
    token.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 283
  • bentpenny1.JPG
    bentpenny1.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 318
  • bentpenny.JPG
    bentpenny.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: First "good" pennies in over a month!

Neat finds!

HH
-GC

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Re: First "good" pennies in over a month!

I found a fuse and a zipper pull exactly like those. Congratulations on finding the token. This will be the first of many, I'm sure. By the way, do you want to go detecting Thursday after work. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread