Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
First Great Homestead Of The Fall Found On Saturday. Made A Ton Of Finds

Hey everyone,

Hope I don't wear my welcome back to quickly. Saturday, was the first day of fall homestead hunting for me. It still needs to die out some more before I can really get into it.

However, after 2 hrs nearly searching for one of the homes I had on the map. We ran into another witch was great. I am destined to find them all. This one was very nice. Not as old as I would have liked it to have been. But none the less an untouched site. It will need to die out some more before I can really get to all of the site.

It has a great old foundation. And a really large spring house at the bottom of the bluff. I am siting on the wall of the spring house. This site was used heavily. There is broken glass and shards everywhere. Atleast 3 or 4 different bottle pits at this place. Not alot of old coins to speak of though.

This area has a great creek near it. And deer are really plentiful. No need for money at those times. I did find a 1865 indian and a 1903. But the rest was just wheats and a nice franklin half. I was dissapointed though with the half. It's about 100 yrs off from what I would expect for a site like this.

But I will take it. Halfs don't come often. It was a surface find. Came away with some great old strerling what's it's though. Found the most beautiful door knob I ever seen in my life. It is split in half though. Breaks my heart let me tell ya lol. I love relics like these. Found a great heinz watch fob.

It says the wearer will have 57 varieties of good luck and happiness. Pretty cool huh. I might put it in my pocket lol. Got a really nice 1897 barber dime and a 1917 merc. Got a weird silver ring to. The rest is all self explanitory for the most part. Buttons and buckles and such. Hope you all like the pics.

HH Jer

Attachments

• first homestead of the fall 003.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 003.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,116
  • first homestead of the fall 009.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 009.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 2,104
  • first homestead of the fall 008.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 008.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 2,061
  • first homestead of the fall 002.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 002.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 2,113
  • first homestead of the fall 001.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 001.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,120
  • first homestead of the fall 007.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 007.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 2,106
  • first homestead of the fall 006.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 006.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 2,118
  • first homestead of the fall 015.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 015.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 2,074
  • first homestead of the fall 014.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 014.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 2,084
  • first homestead of the fall 013.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 013.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,082
  • first homestead of the fall 011.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 011.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,051
  • first homestead of the fall 010.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 010.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,099
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Re: First Great Homestead Of The Fall Found On Saturday. Made A Ton Of Finds

Here are a few more guys

HH Jer

Attachments

• first homestead of the fall 016.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 016.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,073
  • first homestead of the fall 017.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 017.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,071
  • first homestead of the fall 018.JPG
    first homestead of the fall 018.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 2,048

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow, nice hunting there, that is a bunch of cool relics! :thumbsup: congrats on that silver Ben.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008

Hi! Jer,
You did good! That's quite a haul. SILVER is always a neat find, but I like the brass objects too. The brass valve is a fancy piece. I wonder if something like that was made to use inside the house. Pretty neat stone work too. Are you up in the Northeast where a lot of the older stuff is found? Your finds represent generations of habitation at that location. I think of the people who have come and gone when I see such a nice group of relics. Thanks for sharing and Good Luck MD'ing!
wagbert

PAUL2006

Jun 25, 2009
OREGON
Detector(s) used
whites XLT

cool find :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• john110.gif
    john110.gif
    881 bytes · Views: 1,942

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice! you did find a ton of stuff!
looks like you guys had a fun time!

Big A

Mar 28, 2009
Southport, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300

Great bunch of finds. I would be back at that one again.

Alan

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great haul :icon_thumleft: love them cellar holes!! MR TUFF

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster

Hey Jer,
Nice bunch of finds! Do you have any idea what those round, button looking things, under the blue
marble in the right hand side of the picture, are? I've found several of those over the years, and
have never figured out what they were. They all seem to have had another piece attached to them,
but all a person finds is the round part. Once again, that's a nice haul of stuff!!

Slab

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds, Jer. Looks like you worked that area pretty hard. Definitely can't complain about the silver half dollar. How deep was the '97 Barber and the Merc?

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!

Alot of cool finds, congratulations

JerDfx said:
Hey everyone,

Hope I don't wear my welcome back to quickly. Saturday, was the first day of fall homestead hunting for me. It still needs to die out some more before I can really get into it.

However, after 2 hrs nearly searching for one of the homes I had on the map. We ran into another witch was great. I am destined to find them all. This one was very nice. Not as old as I would have liked it to have been. But none the less an untouched site. It will need to die out some more before I can really get to all of the site.

It has a great old foundation. And a really large spring house at the bottom of the bluff. I am siting on the wall of the spring house. This site was used heavily. There is broken glass and shards everywhere. Atleast 3 or 4 different bottle pits at this place. Not alot of old coins to speak of though.

This area has a great creek near it. And deer are really plentiful. No need for money at those times. I did find a 1865 indian and a 1903. But the rest was just wheats and a nice franklin half. I was dissapointed though with the half. It's about 100 yrs off from what I would expect for a site like this.

But I will take it. Halfs don't come often. It was a surface find. Came away with some great old strerling what's it's though. Found the most beautiful door knob I ever seen in my life. It is split in half though. Breaks my heart let me tell ya lol. I love relics like these. Found a great heinz watch fob.

It says the wearer will have 57 varieties of good luck and happiness. Pretty cool huh. I might put it in my pocket lol. Got a really nice 1897 barber dime and a 1917 merc. Got a weird silver ring to. The rest is all self explanitory for the most part. Buttons and buckles and such. Hope you all like the pics.

HH Jer

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)

Awesome finds and great pics jer!

~Tom

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Haul!!! :icon_thumleft:

tseekerMike

Apr 20, 2009
St.Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ21-8" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pretty fabulous haul! Way to go!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Awesome colection.....CONGRATS!! :thumbsup:

daleshark

Mar 26, 2007
Central Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DX-1 probe,6x10 DD , 4x6 shooter, eclipse 950

WOW !!! Speak about cleaning up on finds. Thats awesome. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Thanks for the pics. :icon_thumright:

daleshark.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks alot everyone.

Yes, I pounded this place out hard. My brother took a large haul to. But the site has alot more to find. I'll let it rest for awhile. Then I will go back here soon when it dies out. Gonna hit the drawing board and look for a few others. I can always go back to this site. Once I find them they can be hunted for a long time.

Yes, I took out about a 100 yrs span of history at this place. They all seem to be like this. Well most of them. They will have finds from the early 1800's all the way through till the 1950's. Then I guess people stopped living in cabins out in the woods.

The button things I find often. I wanna say they went to a jacket. But they have those sharp 2 little notches on them. They were used to hold up something. Not sure what though. There were more I just couldn't dig anymore of them.

Be back at it again this weekend I am sure. Got a few more in this woods to try and come up with. Hopefully one of them will give up some large coppers. That's what I am really looking for. These finds are to new for me.

HH Jer

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds congrats.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks guys,

Yes, I do live in the NE. Pittsburgh P.a to be exact. I really love it here with all the history. The coins I found weren't that deep. Except the merc seemed to be about 7 to 8 inches deep. Most were in the 4 to 6 inch range. I dug the heinz fob atleast 10 inches down. It was at the base of the shovel when I pryed it up.

Silver can be any where from the surface down to 10 inches or more. Most I find is about 6 inches deep. Large copper coins are atleast 8 to 10. Can't wait till all this stuff dies down. But hunting season is now going on so that sucks to.

Thank you Rob. I feal really humble man to have gotten this good at this hobby. I can't beleive how much stuff I am even finding. Really what it is anymore. Is my map skills and research has really gotten better for me. We have all these great tools now like gps google earth. I've been studying for hrs almost everyday before work lining up maps to find old sites.

And I am actually cashing in now and having some really great success. I'm finding out that not alot of these sites are being found by anyone else out there. Most I have touched this year have never seen a detector before. I told my wife the other day I won't stop till I find atleast one gold coin. She said you won't stop then. I said your right.

But I have one goal and it's to find a gold coin somewhere out there. Then I will feal I have basically accomplished everything I have wanted to. Thanks again for viewing my post all of these yrs Rob.

Take care,

Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread