Sep 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites Liberty II
Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Mine lab Safari
XP Orx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this near my town in the eifel ((Germany ) .it looks like a 7 shot 22 cal. If anyone has more info on it then please let me know.also there are no markings on it but I can read about 4 numbers of the serial number
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433758569.238556.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433758592.306106.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1433758611.592415.jpg

Upvote 12

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a pretty neat find. Congratulations on a nice save.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any laws in Germany that would require that you turn that in? I am just wondering. I worked for a company in Munich for 3 years and none of those guys had ever had the opportunity to use a handgun, just hunting rifles.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! It may be hard to determine the manufacturer unless the frame is marked. Pocket Revolvers were made by many manufacturers in many countries but considering where Eifel is located, I am thinking your' find would likely have been made in Germany, Belgium or France. Similar revolvers generally date from the 1880's to around the 1940's. However, your's is somewhat unique in that it has a solid, one piece frame which includes the trigger frame and grip frame with no separate parts that hold the barrel or cylinder and I believe that this places it more in a 1920's to 1940's time period. I hopes this helps with narrowing down finding the manufacturer and time period it was produced. However, I am in no way an expert by any means but I have owned, held and viewed many revolvers in my 62 years on this earth and have sold at and/or attended hundreds of Gun Shows. Four years and four months of that time was spent in Germany at Kirch-Goens and Giessen while I was in the U.S. Army.

Frank

Last edited:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!!!! We only find pieces of guns out our way.......:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread