First Half - he cuts hair !!!!!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
So, I went back to the old farm that I got my nickels at today, and went and hit the other house(there are 2 on the property). I was walking beside an old tree that had a bunch of new shoots coming up around it, and every time my coil hits 'em I get a hit, so I'm doing everything that I can not to hit them. Well, one of the hits was A little too consistent to be my coil cable, so I knocked the little buggers over and re-hit the spot, it rand in solid between silver dollar and quarter, so I was figuring on a silver quarter. When I dug it, it flipped out of the plug(without me seeing it), so when I scanned the plug, I got a hit at 3" in the plug(the original hit was at 5"). I was starting to think dud. When I saw the edge lying beside my plug, I was almost sure that I had hit another aluminum cap. I picked it up, wiped off the dirt, and RAN to show my MD buddy. He was pretty stoked about it too. It was really cool to get to share my excitement.

I'm thinkin' that for a first half dollar, this is a duesey !!!! -

Attachments

• first half 01.jpg
    first half 01.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 690
  • first half 02.jpg
    first half 02.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 686
Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT CUTS or BORICKS ;D

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
WTG!! I am hoping to pull some silver coins outta my hot spot site. You guys are stoking me for my first old silver coin (1800's).

Congrats!

Funkman

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's a beauty!

I know you'll never forget finding that!

Congratulations gold fish!

Ridley

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
You the man, I"m very happy for you, That's what it's all about.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, that's sweet.

Late in the Fall I was there when Nate pulled up his first Barber Half. We were all just kinda of dumbfounded. ;D :D

Bob

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Dug, yes, the cortez is the only one I got.

Thanx, mirage, it means alot from someone who has dug at the berg.

UPDATE - went back to the spot today, two pre-1930 wheats, another buffalo(can't read the date yet), 1972 canadian dime (silver??), a 1950 rosie, and a gold plated pendant thingy. The hits are gettin fewer, time to start diggin' trash!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions