gtfm2345

Nov 15, 2012
c ny
Detector(s) used
TEK OMEGA TEK ALPHA DET PRO WADER NEL COIL 4"dd
10" ELPTCL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_20150409_210840.jpg OK inaugural hunt, found a little park in durhamville NY (old canal town) and normally I don't sweat whether its been hunted before. This place was clean!!!! No signalsfor first hour! I had detected in all metal mode and nothing, I got to the middle of park and got a faint 66 repeatable ground was soaked air was 41degrees I dug out sweet skeleton key rescanned and off corner of hole was barber I was stoked. The it went totally silent for next hr mabee 1 pull tab picked up lead shot again 10 inc under huge rock now knee pads flooded and freezing headed back toward entrance at the gate got a nice faint repeatable 92 at 8 inch two Washington's nice ..hit local pub and grub and called it. When I tell you I litterally dug 12 holes in 4hrs I'm not kidding and I dig everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 6

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to take your time and find what others missed! And did they miss some good stuff!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. A skeleton key is still on my bucket list. Good show.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice saves. That key was saving that Barber just for you!

I've thought of hitting a canal town before but never had. Glad to see they're producing. Congrats on the quarters - usually they're the first items to go.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs . Thanks for sharing the hunt and the pictures

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to muscle through the tough weather to score big time! Great finds, congrats. Sub 8-)

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Ah, that skeleton key.....nice! I've been detecting for 24 yrs.....no skeleton key. As for other keys? Found many, around 200 of them.....car, house, and padlock keys. About 90% of them are brass.....the rest aluminum. I should take them to the scrap yard and get a few bucks for them.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minimal targets can make for a boring hunt sometimes but with finds like those, I'd say it was worth it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions