First Hunt In A Long Time... War Silver And Some Wheats......Nothing Spectacular

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been posting or hunting in over 6 months. Have had blood pressure issues and not been feeling too great either. The weather was 81 today and I had to do a little hunting on Base (Camp Pendleton) There used to be quite a few Barracks where I was hunting but the ground has been scraped clean. I concentrated my efforts near old tree's that were't disturbed. Found 4 WW-2 era wheats and a 44 war nickle. Nothing to get excited over for sure. Ron

DSC04603.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

DSC04605.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

DSC04620.jpg

Upvote 0

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like it was a good time ,i would've been happy :icon_thumright: and you got out into the sun :icon_sunny: after feeling bad. When my heart hasn't been cooperating and I've felt like hell ,nothing makes me feel better than the sun on my face and a detector in my hand. HH

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good medicine, sun on you're face and a detector in hand. Congrats on the war silver! Hope you feel better soon.

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! Don't you love California weather :icon_thumright:
Glen

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey. What are your regs over there on MDing on base. Here at Lejeune he beach is good to go and we look for coins around the old H-barracks. No one seems to know if it's even addressed. Granted, it is Federal property but with these new Marines more interested in looking at their smart-phones I have yet to have anyone ask what I am doing.....

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Papa Bear said:
Hey. What are your regs over there on MDing on base. Here at Lejeune he beach is good to go and we look for coins around the old H-barracks. No one seems to know if it's even addressed. Granted, it is Federal property but with these new Marines more interested in looking at their smart-phones I have yet to have anyone ask what I am doing.....

I have a base sticker with my rank insignia on it. I usually hunt weekends when the base is empty. MP's have seen me before and no one seems to care, especially when everyone is in Afghan and else where. I hunt vacant lots where barracks used to be. All of the old building's that are still here are office spaces. Out of site, out of mind. :laughing7: I don't think there is any order per say. As long as you are not interfering with business and leave your area clean you are fine.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you are! :icon_thumleft:
Great to see a post from you again Ron. Do you miss the old home sites yet? :laughing9:
Congrats on the coins buddy, and I wish you well.
-Doug-

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
How did you go about getting permission to hunt on base? I am military and would love to metal detect some of the bases here in VA.

GOLDEN SILVER

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
Great to see a post from you again Ron. Do you miss the old home sites yet? :laughing9:
-Doug-

Yes, I do, Doug. There is old stuff here to find but not as easy as Ohio :BangHead: I do miss the old stomping grounds and plan on returning when winter is over. I'm officially a "Permanant Snow Bird" :laughing7: 80 here today, 82 yesterday :whip2:

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detecting--good for what ailes ya.... if mps ask what your doin you can always tell them you are practicing your landmine detecting skills...

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazyjarhead said:
ModernMiner said:
-Doug-

Yes, I do, Doug. There is old stuff here to find but not as easy as Ohio :BangHead: I do miss the old stomping grounds and plan on returning when winter is over. I'm officially a "Permanant Snow Bird" :laughing7: 80 here today, 82 yesterday :whip2:

Ron,
I miss that Calif weather, the Pacific, and the beautiful women old cars out there. :thumbsup:
You lucky dog.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
Crazyjarhead said:
ModernMiner said:
-Doug-

Ron,
I miss that Calif weather, the Pacific, and the beautiful women old cars out there. :thumbsup:
You lucky dog.

Aren't you from Indiana?????Plenty of them. Our pool on base is open every Sat. :tongue3:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazyjarhead said:
ModernMiner said:
Crazyjarhead said:
ModernMiner said:
-Doug-

Ron,
You lucky dog.

Aren't you from Indiana?????Plenty of them. Our pool on base is open every Sat. :tongue3:

Ron,
You must be referring to old cars. :laughing9:
-Doug-

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That has to be a great area to hunt in! Military bases have been some of my best places ever. There has to e some silver in the area.
Keep at it! :occasion14:

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beats the heck out of my small caliber lead ball, and half dozen iron square nails this weekend :p

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Twisted One said:
Beats the heck out of my small caliber lead ball, and half dozen iron square nails this weekend :p

There ought to be some cali gold up in them hills of Redding ::)

Marinehunter

Jan 31, 2012
New York/Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Pro-pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh the memories Camp Pendleton, Los Pulgas, Oceanside, my home before Nam. Nice finds Semper Fi buddy L/Cpl Coop USMC 68-70 0331

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread