First Hunt In A Long Time... War Silver And Some Wheats......Nothing Spectacular

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't been posting or hunting in over 6 months. Have had blood pressure issues and not been feeling too great either. The weather was 81 today and I had to do a little hunting on Base (Camp Pendleton) There used to be quite a few Barracks where I was hunting but the ground has been scraped clean. I concentrated my efforts near old tree's that were't disturbed. Found 4 WW-2 era wheats and a 44 war nickle. Nothing to get excited over for sure. Ron

DSC04603.jpg

DSC04604.jpg

DSC04605.jpg

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04619.jpg

DSC04620.jpg

Upvote 0

hdmech71

Jan 25, 2012
wv
Detector(s) used
F75 se / Minelab Soveriogn / sunray probe/ whites classic Id/ pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like fun to me. Happy you got out to enjoy and find a few to put in the box. Good wishes on the health

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Myself and a Sgt hit the area around some old H-Barracks that belong to my unit. Monday we pulled 12 dimes out of one hole and today we pulled 20 pennies out of a hole. Military bases are the best! Most younger Marines are clueless as to what is beneath their feet.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazyjarhead said:
Twisted One said:
Beats the heck out of my small caliber lead ball, and half dozen iron square nails this weekend :p

There ought to be some cali gold up in them hills of Redding ::)

There is no doubt, but I am new to the hobby, and rather then taking the baby steps of, back yard, then playgrounds, and parks, I went straight to looking for relics, and caches :p

How's that working for me? Well three hunts, and a lead ball and some square nails is all I've found. But I've also lost 15 pounds, got some leg muscle back, improved my respiratory, and remember what "OMG, I can barely move" pain is like.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see ya back! Sometimes the best thing is getting time to get out and hunt in the first place.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Papa Bear said:
Myself and a Sgt hit the area around some old H-Barracks that belong to my unit. Monday we pulled 12 dimes out of one hole and today we pulled 20 pennies out of a hole. Military bases are the best! Most younger Marines are clueless as to what is beneath their feet.

What area of the base are you working from? I used to be in the 5th area next to the water town just down the road from French creek. I was there in the early 90's after Desert storm and the old barracks I was in during the 70's was still there. Not sure when they made those. My guess is the late 40's or 50's. Maybe I'm wrong too :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BuckleBoy said:
Good to see ya back! Sometimes the best thing is getting time to get out and hunt in the first place.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Thanks Buckles. I see you have planted roots in La. pretty well by now. Maybe you can get Hillbilly to come down there too :laughing7: After you moved I made the plunge, too. Don't miss Ohio except for the good hunts I had there and my friends. I plan on going back pretty soon for a good weekend hunt. Looks like winter took a break this year. Take care Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread