First hunt of 08...Baldingboy and Mastereagle.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
First hunt of '08...Baldingboy and Mastereagle.

First of all...here is Mastereagles colorful take on the same hunt...
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,132462.0.html

Mastereagle called me Tuesday and suggested we go detecting Wednesday night. I packed up all my stuff in the truck and planned a hunt after work. Well I was snowed under with problems at work and when I got back to my desk at 5pm, I called Mastereagle. He answers his phone and says his is out detecting....without me!!!! I was a little po'd...but didn't say anything. His wife didn't want him to go detecting that night because she claimed it was SO COLD. I figured she wanted him to stay in because she had a shooting planned that involved him.

Let me quote Mastereagle here a minute:
"Baldingboy had paid my wife $10.00 to get me not to go detecting, didn't work BB."
It wasn't to 'not go detecting'. (I swear....sometimes these things just write themselves.)

Well....anyway....I pull up there and he is laying out in the middle of this grassy area and looks like a holstein that someone dropped with a shot to the brow. I realize that he has fallen and can't get up. I walked over to where he was rubber banding back and forth on the ground and said.."Whatcha doin?" The tears were evident and his silence told me he had been there for quite some time. I helped him up and at that point he said he had received a call and had to go because his wife was watching their kids as well as his sisters.

So...in summation...He went detecting (on the first hunt of 2008) without me, and then left right after I got there. It was too freakin cold anyway. I stayed about 15 minutes more, and dug a few coins. After that, the battery on my detector got so cold that it was reading low bat. I went to the truck and jumped in to go home. My tempertature gauge in my truck read 26 degrees. :o

Here is what I got from my first hunt that lasted a little less than an hour:

100_3932.jpg

100_3933.jpg

1959 Penny....close to a wheat...but no cigar! Darn.

100_3934.jpg

Happy Hunting T-netters!

Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: First hunt of '08...Baldingboy and Mastereagle.

BB,
I can always count on you for the real story. Eagle's stuff is like in the movie. Ficticious. :) And like the movies - entertaining. ;D

It got up to about 36 here today. But with a few inches of snow melting it would be a little messy....just watched some football. 8)

daaaveman

Nov 13, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax - IT ROCKS!

I been chattin with ME. You guys need to come up to St. Louis and hunt sometime. I'm going to Chain of Rocks park and North Riverfront Park tomorrow. Come on up.

Chain of Rocks Park, with its ample picnic grounds and picturesque views of the river from hillside roadways, was acquired by the Water Division in 1893. The 29.76 acre park was landscaped about 1910 and is one of the few city parks not under the jurisdiction of the Park Department.

http://hometown.aol.com/fphdoug/chainofrocks.html

History
The Old Chain of Rocks Bridge was constructed in 1929 as a toll bridge to serve the northern portion of the bi-state St. Louis area. It became part of the historic “Mother Road,” old Route 66, in 1936, and was purchased by the City of Madison IL in 1939. The Old Chain of Rocks Bridge was superseded in the mid-1960s by the much-wider I-270 bridge a short distance to its north.
Vacant for nearly 30 years, the Bridge found new life through a major renovation project instituted by Trailnet. Since its reopening in 1999, the Bridge has served as a multi-use trail for biking, hiking and public programs and events. It overlooks a particularly scenic stretch of the Mississippi opposite Chouteau Island, which includes the natural “chain of rocks” across the river and two architecturally significant water intake towers, built as part of massive improvements to the city’s water treatment system in preparation for the 1904 World’s Fair.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

As always, a fantastic story! But NO Zipper Pulls? Happy New Years to the both of you ;D

Desertfox

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

BB,
Glad we can count on you to let us know what really went down. I hope you are not really out the 10 bucks.
Tennessee Joe

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BB,
Thanks for spittin' the truth. It is always a treat to read you & ME's posts. Hilarious!!! ;D Make a video next time. ;)
-MM-

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't you feel better getting out in such cold weather. NOT! Hang in there it will get warmer. HH
Burdie

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

BB,

Now we know the "rest of the story". I swear.....are you sure you two weren't husband and wife in a previous life? LOLO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course....the only side we are missing now is ME's wife's side of the story...........WHEEEEEWWWW....Wonder what her version would be....ha/ha
---Mel

borninok

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wait a minute....let me flip the coin and see which one of you are telling the truth this time..........

Yep...just as I thought....ME...shame on you! :D :D

Sounds like a ccccold hunt, ya'll! BUT the good news is....warming up fast! Ya'll get back out there!!!

Congrats on your finds! Nana :-*

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Anyone who believes anything this guy writes is totally off their rocker!!!!!

The easiest way to tell when BB is lying is that his lips are moving. :)

He didn't want to come detecting because it was too cold! Plain and simple.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Mirage said:
BB,
I can always count on you for the real story. Eagle's stuff is like in the movie. Ficticious. :) And like the movies - entertaining. ;D

It got up to about 36 here today. But with a few inches of snow melting it would be a little messy....just watched some football. 8)

daaaveman said:
I been chattin with ME. You guys need to come up to St. Louis and hunt sometime. I'm going to Chain of Rocks park and North Riverfront Park tomorrow. Come on up.
desertfox said:
As always, a fantastic story! But NO Zipper Pulls? Happy New Years to the both of you ;D

Desertfox

Hey there Mirage.....football definitely has a place in there too. Good day spent doing either.

daaaveman,
Sorry bud, didn't get your response until late Sunday night. I was feeling a little crappy anyway. We can do that sometime....that would be cool.

desertfox,
I gave Mastereagle all my zipper pulls and that has kinda tempered his enthusiasm for them until spring. Have a great 2008.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

misterbeee said:
You must be tough. 26 degrees? ouch. HH

Tennessee-Joe said:
BB,
Glad we can count on you to let us know what really went down. I hope you are not really out the 10 bucks.
Tennessee Joe
ModernMiner said:
BB,
Thanks for spittin' the truth. It is always a treat to read you & ME's posts. Hilarious!!! ;D Make a video next time. ;)
-MM-

misterbeee,
I would say I am kinda tough...opinions vary though. Mice freak me out....that would be the only sissy thing about me. ;)

Joe,
Truth is actually my middle name...................ok....actually it's danger, but stick with me and you will know the real story. ;D

ModernMiner,
We don't even mean to entertain....it just kinda happens. Mastereagle is fun to pick on. The other day we were talking about the character "Dr Who" and I must have asked him "who?" about twenty times. Everytime he would say "Dr Who." Finally my wife hit me and I had to stop. Good times. Good times.

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Burdie said:
Don't you feel better getting out in such cold weather. NOT! Hang in there it will get warmer. HH
Burdie
borninok said:
BB,

Now we know the "rest of the story". I swear.....are you sure you two weren't husband and wife in a previous life? LOLO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course....the only side we are missing now is ME's wife's side of the story...........WHEEEEEWWWW....Wonder what her version would be....ha/ha
---Mel

borninok

mastereagle22 said:
Anyone who believes anything this guy writes is totally off their rocker!!!!!

The easiest way to tell when BB is lying is that his lips are moving. :)

He didn't want to come detecting because it was too cold! Plain and simple.

Burdie,
The whole cold weather thing is like the idiot hitting his finger.....it feels so darn good when you stop.

Mel,
He doesn't really have a wife. He thinks his detector is his wife. He constantly fights with it. ;)

mastereagle22,
Does it ever rain in your world....or is it always candy and sugar plum faries?

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV

Been raining here since FRIDAY!!!

Broken toilet (thanks to the kiddos)
Broken kitchen window thanks to my stupidity and bad aim

But my detectors are up safe and sound. :)

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

you guys are funnier than 99% of the sitcoms on tv, 2.5 men being the 1% funnier. thanks for the humor
and keep it coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions