First Hunt with first Detector

mccfisto

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2008
Northern Delaware
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hello All, Newbie here.......Got a ACE 250 and finally got about 45 minutes with it to start learning the bells and whistles. I did some searching in my small pathetic back yard and found a Quarter (94) dime (07) and a penny (06). They all seem to read about 4 inches deep but the dime was pretty shallow. I hope to hit a school park near here on saturday. The only problem I encountered was I couldnt get a headphone set to work, I tried 3 different sets and none worked ( ???) so anyway......... I've been reading alot on here and will continue to do so, hopefully ill have some pics to add soon. Thank you ALL.

Bill
Delaware

Upvote 0

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I've got a 250 also. That stock coil pinpoints a little goofy especially if there are multiple targets. If you use the pinpoint and press the coil into the grass when you get the target the depth reading will be alot more accurate. Usually 2" means just below the surface while 4" means 2-3". Just keep digging and you will get that thing figured out in no time, not to mention the clad will be piling up! GL and HH!

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Welcome aboard.........you will love that ace but I found that it is pretty accuate about the depth. you will get good quick about knowing how to pull a small plug and hit it everytime.

Surfin

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Welcome to the 250 club, Its a great machine, As a newbie to the hobbie I have found quite a bit of great stuff so far.

Good luck!

R

rammjäger

Hello Bill in Delaware,
nice finds :thumbsup:
When I go back to Germany I would like to buy an ACE250 too.
Please report how your new detector reacts to metall .
My old Wildcat has only one sound for all metalls :D .It
sometimes peeps to iron even in relic / Pulltabs setting >:(
HH.
Mike

Bowler Man

Jun 1, 2007
Ebensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Welcome aboard. I have an Ace 250 myself and I noticed that the pinpoint tool tends to give a more accurate measure of depth. Not sure what to tell yo about the headphones. Mine work well. I'm also relatively new to detecting and people on this site have been very helpful in sharing information and really keep you motivated about MD'ing. Good luck!

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
Bill, I've been detecting since 1980, and I've been fortunate to have found more than my share....my oldest U.S. coin is a 1788 Massachusetts copper penny, followed by a U.S. 1797 large cent! I've found many gold and silver rings and other jewelry items, and several diamond rings...you just never know what that next signal is going to be!

Good luck to you my friend....I have no doubt that you'll do well. Your first piece of gold, silver, your first diamond, as well as your first colonial coins are out there....go get 'em!

Larry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions