First hunt with the Ctx 3030

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my Ctx on it's maiden voyage yesterday to a park that I have hammered with my Etrac and low and behold I was able to actually find more coins....something I haven't been able to do in the last 4 trips. I'm a believer in the Ctx now

https://youtu.be/0EnYa1dHVkk

13049f5db097d17cf2c6552e85035e83.jpg
2769cb934066c03981bad5c8ae49382b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Upvote 16
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad your happy with your new CTX.
I have thought about up grading, but haven't. I have certain "requirements" of any detector i may want to get.

It has to out preform the one i have now.

I have to be able to learn its language (it can't be smarter than me....this is the difficult part! Lol!)

It can't cost more than my truck, or i would have to walk everywhere.

I would like to test drive a new one before i bought it.
...so far just thinking about all that gives me a headache.

Besides i think i'm in it mainly for the happiness factor, and so far i'm fairly happy.
Metal detecting is a hobby and as with any hobby it's as much fun as you allow it to be and as long as your happy and having fun then that's all that matters no matter what equipment you have [emoji4]

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the discrimination works a lot better on the ctx...i have been over those exact spots countless numbers of time and probably only got trashy signals...

So what you're saying is that your problem could have been solved with a Compadre? :laughing7:

achetadomestica

Feb 5, 2017
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a bunch of sour grapes!
I recently bought a deus and am trying to figure it out. I found a 1907 Barber dime last night
but it was only 3" deep. I found one a couple weeks back 8" down in a compacted driveway.
For me it always seemed a let down wondering what I might have found with better equipment
now I got the equipment and its time to learn how to use it, good luck and keep letting us
know your progress.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you're saying is that your problem could have been solved with a Compadre? :laughing7:
Maybe??? to many factors go into that.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a bunch of sour grapes!
I recently bought a deus and am trying to figure it out. I found a 1907 Barber dime last night
but it was only 3" deep. I found one a couple weeks back 8" down in a compacted driveway.
For me it always seemed a let down wondering what I might have found with better equipment
now I got the equipment and its time to learn how to use it, good luck and keep letting us
know your progress.
Any machine is capable of finding stuff.. obviously more expensive machines have better options. There more expensive for a reason...just like vehicles do you want to spend a 100 bucks on a clunker or spend more money and get a nice more reliable vehicle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread