First Large Cent... Bucket lister

TA Roop

May 6, 2019
Woodburn, IN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was actually from a hunt last night and it got too dark to actually see that what I thought was clad quarter was actually this...

20190822_211234.jpg 20190822_211309.jpg

I'll take it!!

Upvote 23

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been digging for 5 years and have found a gold coin and still havent found a large cent. That soil treated it right nice find.

OP
OP
T

TA Roop

May 6, 2019
Woodburn, IN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been digging for 5 years and have found a gold coin and still havent found a large cent. That soil treated it right nice find.

Thank you...
Best part was dropping it in my wife's hand and hearing her say "Is that Queen Elizabeth?" and then hearing her say "It's AMERICAN!!" and jumping all over the garage... pretty comical

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It never gets old seeing an 1800’s Large Cent see the light of day for the first time in a century! Congrats on your first!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I bought my first metal detector in 1985 I was living in Dallas. Brought it back to Pennsylvania that Christmas really wanting to find a Large Cent. Lent the detector to my brother for a couple hours and he goes out and finds one! Took me a couple more years to get one, but now I've dug well over a hundred. Congrats on your first and may there be many more :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be very excited with that coin too. I have only found one decent one myself in just over a year of detecting, and would love to find another like the one you have. Congrats!

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still remember the first one that I found, back around 1985...was only about 3 inches deep, in the dirt yard of an old building that had been used as a church, schoolhouse, community center and probably some other things over the years. The old trees kept the grass from growing since the sun never hit the yard. Congratulations on a very fun find!

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great mistake to make! I wish I could do that one. Nice detail still left on there! Congrats!

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a great early coin! A large is still on my bucket list even though I’ve found several cool 1800s coins including a 2 cent coin and a seated half. Seen a few dug by friends but so far she has eluded me.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is freakin sweet. I have yet to find one Myself my bucket awaits actuall I have many buckets and a big list of things I want in them. Great job....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread