david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first large cent yesterday. Struck out at the first site I went to. It was a long shot anyway. Went to this site specifically looking for something early. Strange place to go for that because nothing about the site would appear to have any age to it. However, this spring I had found a cut quarter of a 1797 8 Reale, and at the time assumed it to be a random drop, or even someones lucky pocket piece that they had dropped fairly recently. Considering that since had decided that I was just jumping to conclusions and that while it might have simply been a field when dropped, that I had no reason to assume anything about the site. It is now a park and modern use is probably 40 years or less. I have never even found a wheatie there. So yesterday I went back to the general area that I had found the Spanish piece and started detecting. Not much was happening, not even clad, so I headed to the exact area that I had found it. Within 10 minutes got a good tone about 3-4 inches down popped out the largie. Appears to be a 1826. I love it when a plan comes together! Most of mine don't. Anyway, found just a few clad coins, and a lot of modern junk. Going to have to hit this area again, and see if there are anymore surprises!

DSCF1274.JPG DSCF1275.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 9

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first LC. I recently found my first also so great to mark that on off the list.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first LC..
I will never forget my first..
Didn't even know what it was..
1796..I thought it was a quarter.lol
And i thought i was going to be a million air...
Well i was hooked after..
George

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you never forget your first, but I wouldn't hit it again at all. Oh...sorry, we're still talking largie here......:laughing7:

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first LC..
I will never forget my first..
Didn't even know what it was..
1796..I thought it was a quarter.lol
And i thought i was going to be a million air...
Well i was hooked after..
George

Yes, I pay close attention to your finds. I doubt I'm going to find them around here at the rate you are finding them, but I bet there are a few more in my future.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first. I have one that was given to me by my new hunting companion GAP Metal, now I am waiting to find my first. nice story also. HH

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job finding your first LC and playing on the gut feeling.

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first LC!! You'll always remember the first one. I found my first one 6/28/11 (1852) went back the next day and 20 feet away found LC #2 also (1852). It's the stories that go with the treasures that make this hobby so great. Hope you find many more!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your first largie. I found one so far but she was quite toasted and bent.

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first large cent. I found my first around this same time last year and was also a 1826. A couple weeks ago I decided to hit that spot again and found an 1858 flyin eagle penny. Can't wait to find my second large cent. Congrats again and happy hunting.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats,nice early date for a first.-hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions