First LC of the Year

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a couple hours this morning. My father in law told me of an old black settlement which is within walking distance of my house. The area is completely grown over now but the remains of the road is still visible. I am told that there were about a dozen black families who lived there from the mid 1800 to the 1930's. William Hall lived there. For those who do not know William Hall was the first Nova Scotian and the first man of color to with the Victoria Cross for Valour.

I knew I was in the right area when I found the 1918 large cent. It was about two inches down in the middle of what remains of the road. Who know, maybe William Hall himself dropped this coin... I also found this whatsit on the same road. Any ideas?

I did not find any of the cellar holes but most of my concentration this trip was focused on the road. Next time. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• lc.JPG
    lc.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 282
  • What.JPG
    What.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 279
Upvote 0

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one,I love the big pennys.I havent got one this year yet, although I tried 4 spots yesterday two of which have given up big pennys and early silver.Its the one coin I look forward to each season.
WTG & HH ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread