First lunchtime finds in a while-I can taste a coin coming soon here!

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
With the insane January weather I went out at lunch today to hunt a spot that I have barely touched. Last time here I dug a silver plated harness buckle and some other small items, including a small makeup compact that was dated to around the turn of the century, so I knew there should be a coin or three to be found.
Today I located remains of a foundation (a cellar hole I believe it's called) and found a few cool things (remember, I have less than an hour total to hunt)
Today's finds include two old bottles (from same hole when digging the second item)
the top from an old lamp.
some kind of harness ring
another silver plated harness buckle
and a few square nails.

There's lots of ferrous in the ground, so maybe I will start digging all targets to enable the coins to stand out (maybe)

HH all!

Attachments

• lowres1-4.jpg
    lowres1-4.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 426
  • buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 420
Upvote 0

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
great stuff you found there Danimal!! You did better than my lunchtime hunt today. I only found aluminum cans!

HH

Funkman

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
gypsyheart said:
Dig it all!!
Cool buckle and bottle !

Having such limited time Gypsy I tend to try and cherry pick targets that at least sound like they might be a coin.
All these were dug from around 6-7" too, so if a target even rings a few times in the high conductivity range and shows a good lock on 6" depth, I dig...
There are targets however that are no doubt ferrous. Way too many times after pulling a ferrous object from the ground a coin suddenly appears from the immediate area. This has happened for friends of mine using FAR more expensive machines too, so it's not just my cheapo ACE!!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

HH

D

doyboy

Now, shouldn't you be working, Mr. Danimal? Go dig dat silver, Acester amigo! :D

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
doyboy said:
Now, shouldn't you be working, Mr. Danimal? Go dig dat silver, Acester amigo! :D

Shouldn't you be in school practicing taking rectal temperatures Doy?...now remember to lube!

D

doyboy

Danimal said:
doyboy said:

Shouldn't you be in school practicing taking rectal temperatures Doy?...now remember to lube!

HeheheHehe....you are a zoyboy!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

You got it right. Dig it all and take my word for it. It's the only way to get those little bits of goodies. Alot of sites like those will ony give you a few coins. Maybe 5 or 10 on avg I'd say. But you'll turn up alot of other neat stuff.

Good Luck

Jeremy

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Dan, looks like you have some potential there! HH, Mike

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the LUNCH TIME HUNTS COOL I love them...

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danimal said:
doyboy said:

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Dan, Love the bottles. I like to hunt bottle dumps when I can find them.

Keep swinging that ACE 250, gotta love this detector!

By the way, I'm thinking about coming up your way Saturday to the Cleveland Trailer show, maybe
I could stop by and do some hunting. LOL.

Take care and HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
Danimal

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
ringfinder said:
Nice finds Dan, Love the bottles. I like to hunt bottle dumps when I can find them.

Keep swinging that ACE 250, gotta love this detector!

By the way, I'm thinking about coming up your way Saturday to the Cleveland Trailer show, maybe
I could stop by and do some hunting. LOL.

Take care and HH, Ringfinder

You should talk to Mirage then, as we're working on spots for Saturday's hunts today.

D

doyboy

I think I would rather taste a burger on my lunch break, not a coin. But, if you want holes in your large intestine, eat up! Happy Digesting! :-*

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread