First MD ER Trip. Plus The Rest Of Last Weeks Goodies.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Spent July 3rd in the Er room while they fixed up my digging hand.

Decided to go for a evening hunt on Monday with my son. My youngest son to boot.

Everything started like normal. I was in a park woods I have hunted many of times. I dug out a hole with my shovel about 15 minutes into the hunt.

I went to grab into the hole and dig out the loose dirt right. Well I grabbed to hard this time and sliced my middle finger really bad on a large piece of glass.

As soon as I pulled my hand out of the hole blood just sprayed. It was also the only finger on the glove that had a small hole at the top of it.

I kept my cool because my son is only 2. I didn't want him to worry or get scared. So I tried to go on actually as crazy as I am but I knew I wasn't gonna hunt through this one.

I got it to stop bleeding Barely. Got to my car and had about a ten mile drive home.

Got home did the usual cleaned it out told myself I would be fine. Then the wife comes homes and forces me to go to the doctor. I don't do the doctor.

But I knew deep down I had to go. So I went.

Went threw some more pain when I got there. Got three needles right in the cut. Man that hurts.

Then a tetnis shot which I refused but got it anyways. Glad I did. Like I said before I gotta be dead or really hurting to go.

Plus I figured insurance cost me alot so I wanted to get my moneys worth.

I'm fine now, I was when I got cut. But it sucked and I won't be digging in holes hard anymore.

Back to the MD subject now. Sorry to bore you with the long story. I did have a really nice week last week. I posted alot of the other stuff already.

This stuff came from the park and my sisters house.

The pin at the top seems to be real gold. I couldn't get it to lay right for you all. It has a crazy green and orange type of heavy stone in it. It looks like it had a pin attached or something.

Got one nice 1906 Indian and 5 wheat's. Supposed to go out Saturday depending on the hand. If I go I'll be alot slower. One hand will do that. But we'll be hunting with shovels.

Thanks for looking and listening

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• ER Week.jpg
    ER Week.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 581
  • Er Week Relics.jpg
    Er Week Relics.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Er Week Relics 1.jpg
    Er Week Relics 1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Sorry to hear about the injury. I hope it all heals fine and it was good of you to tell us as we all should be more careful, and sometimes we all just forget about stuff like that and get careless. Thanks for the reminder. Also, better to have some doctor pain now, than get an infection and never be able to use the hand again or something.
Heal fast!!

Nice finds there.
What's the center Penn RR object in the first picture?

Hang in there Jer

Smiles!
BDoo

O

Ole Mole

Sorry to hear about your injury and wish a fast recovery. Like Boobydoo said "we often forget what lies beneath the surface that our MD's don't tell us about".

You have some great finds there.

If you need an extra hand during your recovery, give me a holler (sorry bad joke :))

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Sorry to hear that you injured your hand,but I'm glad you went to the ER and took care of it properly. Hope it heals well and quickly for you. Nice Indian Head and the pin looks cools as well!

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
Is that a Pennsy money clip? older original RR items (especially Pennsylvania RR) can be worth big bucks. might be a conductors money clip or maybe a retirement gift.

Tim

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds and thanks for the warning about digging without proper glove protection. I do this all the time and it isn't smart.

You're really doing well at that site. Great stuff.

Badger

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry bout your hand jer.Take it easy as you dont want to re-injure and make it worse.Great finds!!HH

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Sorry to hear about your hand. Those tetanus shots do hurt, but it is better than the alternative. I think the worst is when they put the needles right in the cut itselft. Man, the pain makes you want to go through the roof. Hope you have a speedy and healthy recovery.

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Sorry about your cut but glad you said something about that. I am bad about digging the loose soil out of holes with my bare hand. I was an accident waiting to happen.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs in spite of the injury. I have an aversion to hosiptals too since I spent so long in one when I fell and broke my back! Brrrr, can't hardly stand to go into one now. After I started getting an allergic reaction on my hands from the chemicals in the soil I started wearing gloves. I tried several kinds until I found some in the garden section at Wally World. They are cloth backed with rubberized palms and fingers, lightweight and still enough feel to pick up coins and etc. I have worn out several pairs and have noted cuts on them where I apparently picked up something sharp, but so far it hasn't penetrated to my finger. I am always finding broken glass in a dig and I am sure they have saved me from being injured many times that I didn't even know about. Give 'em a try . Monty

M

mchamby

Nice job Jer both in your finds and keeping your cool. On my 8 years of Rescue squad I saw more guys pass out from the sight of blood they just couldn't handle it. I have personally been in hospital way too much and hate to give in when I have to go in but sometimes it's better to just get it over, your wife and your inner self was right on track in telling you to go. ;)HH and good luck with the healing.
Mchamby

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Cool finds- except for an MD injury your doing real good. I started wearing a leather racqetball glove after reading earlier forums about glove use. Its a good idea, I've found alot of unexpected glass and junk while digging.
Hope your hand heals soon.
HH

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks alot everyone.

I'm doing fine.

Just a little bumbed I let myself get hurt that bad.

I have had alot of cuts from holes but none that deep.

I have went through about 15 pairs of gloves already.

I'm going out getting the most heavy duty gloves you can buy.

Glad I posted this to help others just to remember when we get lazy you can get hurt.

I had the rubber tipped gloves. The only finger with a hole was the one I cut.

My shoulder is still soar from the shot. But the needles in the cut hurt way worse at the time.

I guess it happens. I just need to be more careful.

The Pennsylvania Rail Road thing was weird. It has grooves at the top and bottom like it slide into something. It may have been part of a buckle.

Been different having only one arm. Now I sortta know what it's like to be handi capped.

If I was I'd still get it done though.

I could use a digger man now LOL.

Thanks for the support. I'll heal up and be back out.

Take care everyone,

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread