First MD ER Trip. Plus The Rest Of Last Weeks Goodies.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone, Spent July 3rd in the Er room while they fixed up my digging hand.

Decided to go for a evening hunt on Monday with my son. My youngest son to boot.

Everything started like normal. I was in a park woods I have hunted many of times. I dug out a hole with my shovel about 15 minutes into the hunt.

I went to grab into the hole and dig out the loose dirt right. Well I grabbed to hard this time and sliced my middle finger really bad on a large piece of glass.

As soon as I pulled my hand out of the hole blood just sprayed. It was also the only finger on the glove that had a small hole at the top of it.

I kept my cool because my son is only 2. I didn't want him to worry or get scared. So I tried to go on actually as crazy as I am but I knew I wasn't gonna hunt through this one.

I got it to stop bleeding Barely. Got to my car and had about a ten mile drive home.

Got home did the usual cleaned it out told myself I would be fine. Then the wife comes homes and forces me to go to the doctor. I don't do the doctor.

But I knew deep down I had to go. So I went.

Went threw some more pain when I got there. Got three needles right in the cut. Man that hurts.

Then a tetnis shot which I refused but got it anyways. Glad I did. Like I said before I gotta be dead or really hurting to go.

Plus I figured insurance cost me alot so I wanted to get my moneys worth.

I'm fine now, I was when I got cut. But it sucked and I won't be digging in holes hard anymore.

Back to the MD subject now. Sorry to bore you with the long story. I did have a really nice week last week. I posted alot of the other stuff already.

This stuff came from the park and my sisters house.

The pin at the top seems to be real gold. I couldn't get it to lay right for you all. It has a crazy green and orange type of heavy stone in it. It looks like it had a pin attached or something.

Got one nice 1906 Indian and 5 wheat's. Supposed to go out Saturday depending on the hand. If I go I'll be alot slower. One hand will do that. But we'll be hunting with shovels.

Thanks for looking and listening

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• ER Week.jpg
    ER Week.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 581
  • Er Week Relics.jpg
    Er Week Relics.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Er Week Relics 1.jpg
    Er Week Relics 1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why refuse a tenanus shot? Would a painfull death be preferable? :o

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
Hey Jeremy,
Glad you're back and that the cut wasn't as bad as it could have been. Be careful.
Ron

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
neat finds!! been pretty lucky not to get sliced to be bone myself -- the first 2 knuckels of my hands are always exposed -- going to have to get some cut proof gloves for the serious hunting.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks guys,

I refused the shot because I'm just hard headed.

I'm glad I got it. It didn't even hurt at all.

Yeah all the docters were coming in giving me my death bead advice for not getting the shot.

The place I went to they call it death valley instead of ohio valley. It's only a block from my house.

I'm not back yet. You'd think so. I went to kennywood the next day. Family got me on a roller coaster for the first ride.

Got off guess what. Yeah the finger is still bleeding.

Then yesterday I just can't sit around. I'm outside washing waxing my car with a giant cut on my left hand.

This one is gonna take a long time to close.

I'll be alright. I'm not going through it again though.

Gonna get some bullet proof gloves. I can go through some gloves everyone.

HH Jer

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeez boy stay inside and touch nothing and only eat cold food for the next week, drink out of soft plastic cups!! hehe be safe bud. jd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread