First Merc in a Long Time!

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first mercury dime since I was 12 and I passed my last licensing exam so what a great week and Thank-God! I stopped detecting when I was around 13 years old and I just recently picked it up again. I know the dime is nothing special but it brings back a lot of good memories and I am glad I picked up detecting again. I have seen a lot of posts lately showing finds from "hunted" out parks so I decided to go to one today. The weather was a bit rough but I am glad I went out. The dime was 3" deep so when it popped out I was a bit surprised. Lately, I thought my machine was set to find only bottle caps especially at that depth so this was very welcomed.

20171118_234631.jpg 20171118_234642 (1).jpg

Upvote 18

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them Merc’s !!! Nice find, congrats and HH

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great looking coin. Lots of detail.
COINgrats!
Im happy you got it out of a "hunted out" spot.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Well done! I too just picked detecting up again this year. My detector laid dormant for the last 6 years. Nicely done!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds and Welcome back!!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
WisconsinPirate

WisconsinPirate

Aug 2, 2017
Racine, Wi
Detector(s) used
EQ600; Makro MK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for looking and the responses! I have projects in Conn., NY and PA so if anyone ever wants to go detecting while I am out there I would love to go. Love to make new friends and find something old. I'll be there off and on over the next few years. I have seen the posts from the east coast and I don't think we will ever find anything that old in Wisconsin, so I would love to go detecting out there.

MilDetector, if you want to go to this park let me know. The grounds staff at this parked cleared a bunch of wooded/brushy areas and even though the park has been pounded I don't think these areas have been. A 3" Merc dime is a really good sign that this part of the park hasn't been cleaned out.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the mercury.....I'm sure there are more waiting on you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread