Old mill site.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have not posted for a while, I have been to busy with every day life DSC00007.JPG DSC00009.JPG I got back to a new permission today, the fields have been hunted by someone else, there were several taverns, not to many things to be found. The land owner told me about an old mill and distillery on the one field, as I was looking for the mill site I got back along the stream hoping to find the mill, my boot sunk in mud and I did not think I was getting it out. As I was walking along the edge of the field I spotted broken china now that is a good sign, found one coin and a couple smaller bells, as I went to the other side of the stream I started to find iron, a couple old bricks, the village started in the 1830s, now I found three more coins, a broken pewter spoon, then it started to rain so I left, it looks like this person a head of me never found this spot. The stone items are flint or chirt for making arrow heads.

Upvote 16

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting in a valley that holds a lot of the water from all the rain we have been getting. A lot of people who live here own a good pair of muck boots. I have sunken in the mud along the river on more than one occasion.
You got some nice finds. I would wait for it to dry out a little and then go hammer that area.
Congrats on your finds.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds!! Take ATW’s advice. Congrats and HH

mcmich

Mar 2, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Looks like that sight will keep you busy for awhile, 4 LC's in one hunt is hard to beat. You must be close to the border with the US coins in the mix. I find a lot of Canadian coins here.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the coppers and crotel bells Brian. Looks like the site might provide additional finds.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds- Congrats!!

-- Jeff --

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the old coppers and cool relics! :occasion14:

beau-bc

Mar 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT&Deus for relics &coins
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunting and good finds.That site should keep you hunting for a while.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of old coppers

OP
OP
Brian C.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The old village was on both sides of the road, I have permission on both sides of the road, there is another two mills in the same village. The site I was at yesterday is up on the hill, the mill I did not touch yet, the place I got my boot stuck was on the stream flats, not near the mill, it wrong on the wrong side of the stream. I look forward to getting back to this location soon. The farmers wife does not want me on their land, she is kinda grumpy so to speak, he is the boss. HH

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Brian My oldest coin I found at a old mill site.. Keep it up I hear ya with the life gets busy part seems the older I get the busier I am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread