First months finds!

OKCollector

Sep 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry if this isn't the place for this. But I haven't had time to post my finds day by day! This is my first month of detecting and it's been a blast! I love my machine and I have found some history and some really cool stuff! Best so far was a old silver plated spoon, no value to me but the homesite I was hunting is owned by my friends family, the house that his grandparents lived in burned down in the 30s and they camped out outside for a while while they were rebuilding, I found what we believe to be a spoon from that time, and my friends dad recognized the pattern immediately!

My total for detecting is

1 silver religous pendant
1 silver something, anyone know
1 silver ring

2 tokens one a presidential token of Abe and one a local 70s raceway go kart token

1 rabies vaccination tag from 1956

A brass plated buckle
And something I think might be a buckle of some sort.

8$ or so in clad some of it not pictures
Lots of copper, pipe peices, fitting etc.
lots of iron.

8 keys
1 toy car

1920s western union telegraph sign! Took forever to dig this beast...

8 wheaties

And my October Halloween dug items! Haha
1 foot
Old toy mold from the 60s skeleton with ball and chain.

A couple interesting what is it items!
And a ton of junkola

I'm sure I'm leaving something out. But that's most of it.

Thanks for looking! Still waiting on my first silver coin find!

Attachments

• image-1004108042.jpg
    image-1004108042.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1201151539.jpg
    image-1201151539.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 114
  • image-2056198740.jpg
    image-2056198740.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3717000850.jpg
    image-3717000850.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1938315293.jpg
    image-1938315293.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-2836788175.jpg
    image-2836788175.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2754960508.jpg
    image-2754960508.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds. I bet that sign took an hour to dig itself! Haha, really like the ring too. I just picked up detecting again in the last month. Its always a good time, never know just what ya might find! Happy hunting man! :occasion14:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
WHAT VARIETY - WOW! If I'd dug that foot and the realistic part with toes was first thing I saw, I would've freaked out screaming, lol.

The nearly rectangular silver case may be a match case or rouge compact. HAVE FUN & keep us posted on your finds.

Oh, love your old telegraph sign! First year my son & I detected, he unearthed a huge yellow SHELL gas station sign -- once he'd dug the first few inches & realized by its yellow shell shape what it was, he high-tailed it back to his apartment to get a regular shovel to dig it up, instead of doing it slowly with his digger. Still took a long time to dig up. His sign still had most of its color but some holes & rust in it. Andi

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a silver belt buckle, I'd say from the 30s or 40s... great finds :-) & HH

Sent from my M865 using TreasureNet

OP
OP
OKCollector

OKCollector

Sep 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found a silver belt buckle, I'd say from the 30s or 40s... great finds :-) & HH Sent from my M865 using TreasureNet

It doesn't appear to be a buckle. It's super thin and the back doesn't seem right for a buckle...

OP
OP
OKCollector

OKCollector

Sep 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHAT VARIETY - WOW! If I'd dug that foot and the realistic part with toes was first thing I saw, I would've freaked out screaming, lol. The nearly rectangular silver case may be a match case or rouge compact. HAVE FUN & keep us posted on your finds. Oh, love your old telegraph sign! First year my son & I detected, he unearthed a huge yellow SHELL gas station sign -- once he'd dug the first few inches & realized by its yellow shell shape what it was, he high-tailed it back to his apartment to get a regular shovel to dig it up, instead of doing it slowly with his digger. Still took a long time to dig up. His sign still had most of its color but some holes & rust in it. Andi
Hey thanks! It's been quite the month and I'm enjoying it quite a bit! Just wish I could find some older stuff! I think the compact or match case may be on the right track. It almost reminded me of a bolo tie because of the back of it but I doubt that's what it is... And a shell sign would be awesome! The sign was definitely my favorite thing to dig and came at the same sight I dug a lot of old car parts and oklahoma tax token from the 30s which I forgot to put on my list!

bountyhuntergirl86

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II & Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't appear to be a buckle. It's super thin and the back doesn't seem right for a buckle...

Check out my thread: "home site I hit 11 years ago... now with new machine" I found one too except mine is gold plated copper. :-)

Sent from my M865 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread