First Ohio hunt of the year

WeaponsUSMC

Jul 26, 2005
Findlay Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
The weather was nice this weekend and finally melted all the snow, so me and a bud got out for an hour this afternoon. I ended up finding a mid 1800's cane handle and as soon as I get a better camera, I'll have it posted on here. But I did manage a picture of something I about ran into on the way to the site, sorry for the far away cell phone picture, but it was the best I could get. A herd of around 20 prime Ohio whitetails tried to chase me down, even had a buck that still had its antlers on. Enjoy and HH.....Bill

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 526
  • 1\'.jpg
    1\'.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 508
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 499
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 506
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 507
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're snow is melted & you could get out.
We had on 'short sleeves' today in OK, & the darn Skeeters were biting. :icon_scratch:

Fossis.............

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a little too much snow yet near Cleveland to hunt...it would have been do-able I suppose at certain sites...I was so close to Berging it. But that's an interesting handle. Unique (unusual) items like that cool to find. Good that you got out. HH!

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,

Good to see you are getting out still. Much luck to you in this new year. Hope all is well with the family. If you ever make a trip back to NC let me know and maybe we can set up a hunt again. Be safe out there!!

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
GLAD YOU FINALLY GOT OUT TO HUNT. GREAT FINDS.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to see you got out Bill. Maybe we can meet up this year. Denny, ringfinder could join the hunt, too. Nice find you found. :thumbsup:

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I'm game for a Ohio hunt, LOL, Glad you got out and enjoyed our great weather we
are having. Doesn't look good for the rest of this week, but look out next week. LOL

Congrats on your find.

HH, Ringfinder
Bluffton, Ohio

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread