first pinpointer

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Timmmy, way to go with the pinpointer! You'll never be able to hunt without it again, I gaurantee.

Doesn't it make the whole process so much faster and more fun?? Not to mention, less damage to the turf.

You've got an awesome pinpointer, I've seen it in action. Good luck!

Joe

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Way to go Timmy! Even though I have an inline probe on the detector, I still holster the garrett for backup. There are times were it has come in handy. Now if only Jon would break down and buy one so he wouldn't have to borrow it all the time ;D. Only kidding buddy. I don't mind!!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I like those high clad count days! Nothing like instant gratification.

Congrats on the new pinpointer. I think you put me in the mood to go cladding! ;D

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D-Dub said:
Way to go Timmy! Even though I have an inline probe on the detector, I still holster the garrett for backup. There are times were it has come in handy. Now if only Jon would break down and buy one so he wouldn't have to borrow it all the time ;D. Only kidding buddy. I don't mind!!

I'll pay you in dirty clad for one if you don't mind. :laughing7:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookn4seated said:
D-Dub said:

Cheaper to borrow......

Wtg on the new accessory...

Don't lose it.... or you'll waste valuable coil swinging time... Ask Kimsdad.... ;D ;D ;D

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Good choice there Tim!
I bought mine right after ice out and would be lost without it. No more up and down to swing the coil or waving dirt in front of the coil. Best accessory I ever bought.
Mike

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
The Garrett is good I've used one once, don't own one. You will find it great. I had an el cheapo freebee pinpointer that came with my detector. It only had 1 inch range, but when it broke this summer I sure did miss it. I was waiting for Christmas to get an inline probe, but after a month, I got another el cheapo Harbor Freight pinpointer for $12 to bide the time till I get the inline probe. Once you don't have a pinpointer, you realize how much more they add (as well as subtract) to the hunting experience.

WTG on the clad day. I have not had a clad day like that in a while!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Them things do help on the near-surface targets, it's like seeing the easy pickens!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
DP BOB said:
Lookn4seated said:
D-Dub said:

Cheaper to borrow......

Don't lose it.... or you'll waste valuable coil swinging time... Ask Kimsdad.... ;D ;D ;D

Or Kermit...oh wait, that was his Lesche digger, nevermind...lol!!!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
DP BOB said:
Lookn4seated said:
D-Dub said:

Cheaper to borrow......

Or Kermit...oh wait, that was his Lesche digger, nevermind...lol!!!

LOL

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy, yea once you use one you won't ever want to hunt without one again.

Yea I lost my Leache a few times.... but thank god I find it after I retrace my steps (usuially like 30 min later). :laughing7:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Great job on the first hunt out with your new PP.

Be careful not to lose that one since it is detachable. You might consider wrapping the handle in some bright yellow tape or something. We all lose our diggers from time to time, but losing an expensive PP would be bad.

HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions