Park Silver and some other Goodies

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Finally getting around to posting my finds from this past weekend. Had three short 2 hour hunts over the weekend. Got out Friday night for a few hours to the reliable park I have been hunting. Found a 1943 Merc, 5 wheaties and a circa 1940s token. The token is for the Shamrock Restaurant once located at 28 North LaSalle in Chicago. It appears to be made of the same material as those 1930s Cracker Jack Presidential coins or those 1930s Illinois Department of Revenue tax tokens.

Tried one of the larger Chicago parks on Saturday morning for about 90 minutes. Found a 1941 Merc and a 1959D Rosie. Not one wheatie though.

Went back to the same spot on Sunday morning. In the first hour only one wheatie. Then in the second hour I got a worn1889 Injun and a few more wheaties. It was getting to be time to go. I got a deep bouncy signal at about 8 inches that was consistent enough to dig. Decided to dig it and then head home. Down at over eight inches I finally got the target out of the hole. Checked the dirt on my towel with the probe and uncovered a 1915 Barber Quarter! Checked the dirt on the towel again and found a 1920 Buffalo and a 1910 wheatie. Silver, the token and the Buffalo pictured below.

001.jpg

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some V E R Y N I C E F I N D S there Pocket Spill.........Keep it up 4 the silver hunt ....H.H.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sounds like you've got a magic trowel! ;D

Great finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All are great, but it's especially nice to find a Barber quarter in the mix!

Cool old token, too! :thumbsup:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
What more could you ask for? Great hunting!!! :thumbsup:

Love that token and the Barber too!!

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ALOT OF GREAT FINDS PATRICK, WTG! :hello2:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice to be able to make some use from your screen name! Man, I love those surprise pocket spills. I love the variety I get and the benefit of knowing it was found after dozens have passed over it, neglecting to dig because of that dang nickel messing it up! Congrats!

Joe

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!!! :hello2:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coinage Pat..

Your kicking some butt with that machine....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread