First Post, First Hunt, First Finds

Michael in SC

May 16, 2005
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000
Today was my first time MD'ing in about 21 years. I used to go all of the time with my grandfather until my Dad was transferred with the Highway Patrol. When my grandfather died, he left me his Garrett GTA 1000. Today was my first time out with it.

First picture shows a broken meat tenderizer; funny thing is that the head and the handle were about 20 feet apart. Next is a cool 22mm box ended wrench that went into the tool chest after these pictures. Lastly is a "gold" pin of some sort. It has "KNOX" across the top and in Latin, "moveo et proficio? or ?move and progress? along the bottom.

I found out some information about the pin at: http://www.levinehat.com/knox_hats.htm Pretty interesting. I can?t really narrow down a date but I?ll keep looking.

All in all I?m pretty happy with my first day back.

Michael in SC

Attachments

• MVC-010F.jpg
    MVC-010F.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Don't those first time finds get your heart pumping?! Welcome to the forum! Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

vicki

R

rvbvetter

? Great start! ? ?Gold first time back out! ? WTG!! ? ? ? ? HH

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Michael welcome to a great forumm, that is a nice pin you found, the gta1000 is a good machine I used one for several years made some really good finds with. Keep us posted of your success
hh
dave+bobbie

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
That is a very nice lookin pin, nice find! Your grandfather musta been a heck of a guy, what a great thing to give you the Metal detector. Hope it gives you many more adventures and many more exciting finds! Looking forward to more posts and pics. Good luck on your next hunt :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & Welcome to the forum, & back to the hobby...
Great looking pin,,, WTG!!! That is a little odd the head of the meat banger being so far away from the handle, maybe someones ol'lady beaned some poor guy up side the head with it... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

RI-JenW

Feb 23, 2005
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds, Keep The Pics Coming! ;D

Attachments

• welcome.gif
    welcome.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 184
  • welcome.gif