(First Post Since My Dad Passed Away)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone it's been a good while since I have last posted. I have been really busy this yr due to my job. Just recently my dad passed away on Oct 14th. I haven't been myself but I am trying to hang in there and get back to the things I enjoy.

I haven't hunted alot this summer because conditions here in pa weren't very good. And with my dad just dieying I missed the fall season. But I managed to get out over the last 3 weeks or so and pull out some silver before it freezes over. I don't wanna make this a sympathy post. I am doing ok and I will be alright over time.

My dad lived with me to. So I happened to be the one to find him. It has been a pretty rough time for me. But I loved my dad I had time to tell him everything I wanted to. He was proud of me. I will see him again one day. He would want me to go on with my life. I won't forget him though and the good times we had.

I can still hear him saying stuff. He knew I loved treasure hunting to. He would get up on saturday mornings come into the kitchen and ask my wife were Mr. Whites was. He was a cut up kind of guy.

I am just starting to feal a little better after everything I have been through. I haven't made any great finds lately. I did get my first seated of the yr. They are so tough to come by. I got a crazy large cent with a nail drove through it. I also got a neat silver coin ring.

But even the finds haven't made me feal much better. I do it for more peace of mind and quiet time. It keeps me occupied. I hope everyone is doing well. I did have a good yr for the circumstances with the spectra v3 this yr. I got 110 silver and didn't even really hunt for 4 months. This is a good deep silver seeker.

I have more to learn on it though. But I am starting to know it a little better than the avg guy. It takes alot of time and hrs to learn these kinds of units.

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Attachments

• december 2010 5.jpg
    december 2010 5.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,210
  • DSC03570.JPG
    DSC03570.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,211
  • DSC03572.JPG
    DSC03572.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • December 2010 1.jpg
    December 2010 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,219
  • December 2010.jpg
    December 2010.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,213
  • december 2010 3.jpg
    december 2010 3.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • december 2010 4.jpg
    december 2010 4.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,207
  • december 2010 5.jpg
    december 2010 5.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,210
  • december 2010 6.jpg
    december 2010 6.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,201
  • december 2010 7.jpg
    december 2010 7.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,201
  • december 2010 8.jpg
    december 2010 8.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,195
  • december 2010 9.jpg
    december 2010 9.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,188
Upvote 0

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
JEREMY..I SALUTE YOU AN DAD... mines gone too..but hes there ..take care mate..all is good..dad will make sure of that...

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds!!! Good to see You were close to your Dad!!! Savor the Memories always!!! From some one who WASN'T ever!!!!!!

HH And hang in there!!! Chug " I tried He did not!!!! " Live life to the fullest and Love every moment of it with everyone who matters and returns the feelings!!!!!! ( Red no crying ) ;D ;D He will always be with you!!! Just Like my mom is now!!! Every time I start to make the wrong decision She SLAPS Me in the back of the Head!!!! Chug It get your attention even 5 years later!!!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks guys,

Your funny chug. I understand what you are saying. Me and my dad didn't have a perfect relationship. We argued almost everyday. Then a hr later we'd be laughing and joking. He was only 56 and I really hoped he would have been around for another 10 yrs or so. But he suffered everyday physically and mentally.

He lived a life most people didn't. I learned alot in life what not to do by him. He was literally a 100 yrs old when he died. He easily lived a 100yrs worth here in just 56 yrs. I know he is watching me. He was a religous guy and didn't care if he died tomorrow. He died in his sleep as peaceful as can be. He deserved to go out that way. I am glad he isn't in pain anymore.

I will miss him. But life is short and I beleive I will see him again.

Thanks again

Jer

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds!!!!! MR TUFF

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Good post, Jer; we all love the pursuit of copper, silver and gold treasure, but it's good not to forget about the treasure in our families!

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear of your loss. Good that you had much time with him to talk about what you desired to. Carry him in your heart.
Nice finds, seated is awesome. Still looking for mine.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very sorry about you Dad. Keep faith in God, and you'll see him again.
Very nice finds, and displays. Keep it up...

trixie charger

Aug 31, 2010
N.C.
Condolences, I noticed you found Two Cross's. One for you one for your Dad. We will all meet again! and in a GOLD house with GOLD streets. I think God may have been a hunter too??

Damon64

Bronze Member
Jul 10, 2008
Federal Way, WA
Detector(s) used
V3i, DFX, Beachhunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your dad Jeremy.

Those are some great finds too. You always have had the knack for finding the silver. Glad to see you back on here!

Take care.
Damon

U

umrgolf

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Jer :-\ You are fortunate to have gotten to say the things you wanted to before he passed. I hope to get to know my father someday. I've only heard from him maybe 10 times. Just hang in there and keep doing the things that make you happy.. You always got your pals at T-net anytime :icon_thumleft:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very lucky to still have both my parents, but I often think about how it's gonna be when I go through what you just did. Something we all have to face sooner or later. It will take time, but you will start feeling better little by little. Metal detecting and this forum will help. Let your Dad guide you to the good finds when your out searching, he's right there with you and he can see things you can't.

Nice post. You are finding a lot of silver!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs Jer. Man,I am very sorry for your loss.My father is 77 and I just spent ThanksGiving with my parrents .I only see them about once or twice a year and I was shocked how much he has aged.I have to get prepaired for the call one of these days. It sounds like your dad was a good man and a great friend.

jfx55

Apr 13, 2006
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry. my dad died in may of this year. its taken a lot out of me. and my hunting skills i just cant focus. i miss him every day. im really sorry.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss of your Dad.
but you sound very secure in your situation and that is wonderful to hear!

those pics of those finds are wild! I enjoyed seeing them and happy hunting! :)

U

umrgolf

Also, meant to ask you what that thing is to the left of the pocket watch? sure looks like a cob :dontknow:

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from you Jer...I'm sorry...praying for you and the family through the tough time. Glad you still kinda have a positive attitude.
Great group of finds too.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Jeremy,
Dan told me the other day about your father passing. My father died suddenly in a tragic car accident. He was in his early 50's but could have easily live another 20 years. It was pretty rough. Especially for some of my brothers who never really got his approval. It took them YEARS to get past it....

As for the V3.... Mark, the guy who originally lent us his XLT and got Nate and I hooked on detecting, just recently upgraded from his XLT to the V3. It's been a learning curve for him....You are looking like you are doing fine with the machine. Take care.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread