(First Post Since My Dad Passed Away)

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone it's been a good while since I have last posted. I have been really busy this yr due to my job. Just recently my dad passed away on Oct 14th. I haven't been myself but I am trying to hang in there and get back to the things I enjoy.

I haven't hunted alot this summer because conditions here in pa weren't very good. And with my dad just dieying I missed the fall season. But I managed to get out over the last 3 weeks or so and pull out some silver before it freezes over. I don't wanna make this a sympathy post. I am doing ok and I will be alright over time.

My dad lived with me to. So I happened to be the one to find him. It has been a pretty rough time for me. But I loved my dad I had time to tell him everything I wanted to. He was proud of me. I will see him again one day. He would want me to go on with my life. I won't forget him though and the good times we had.

I can still hear him saying stuff. He knew I loved treasure hunting to. He would get up on saturday mornings come into the kitchen and ask my wife were Mr. Whites was. He was a cut up kind of guy.

I am just starting to feal a little better after everything I have been through. I haven't made any great finds lately. I did get my first seated of the yr. They are so tough to come by. I got a crazy large cent with a nail drove through it. I also got a neat silver coin ring.

But even the finds haven't made me feal much better. I do it for more peace of mind and quiet time. It keeps me occupied. I hope everyone is doing well. I did have a good yr for the circumstances with the spectra v3 this yr. I got 110 silver and didn't even really hunt for 4 months. This is a good deep silver seeker.

I have more to learn on it though. But I am starting to know it a little better than the avg guy. It takes alot of time and hrs to learn these kinds of units.

Thanks for looking

Jeremy

Attachments

• december 2010 5.jpg
    december 2010 5.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,211
  • DSC03570.JPG
    DSC03570.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • DSC03572.JPG
    DSC03572.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,223
  • December 2010 1.jpg
    December 2010 1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,220
  • December 2010.jpg
    December 2010.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,214
  • december 2010 3.jpg
    december 2010 3.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 1,216
  • december 2010 4.jpg
    december 2010 4.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,208
  • december 2010 5.jpg
    december 2010 5.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 1,211
  • december 2010 6.jpg
    december 2010 6.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,202
  • december 2010 7.jpg
    december 2010 7.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,202
  • december 2010 8.jpg
    december 2010 8.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,196
  • december 2010 9.jpg
    december 2010 9.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,189
Upvote 0
Thanks alot guys.

I am doing ok you could say. Going back to work and keeping busy has helped. I do have some tough moments though. Friday nights are bad for me. Once the week is over and I wind down I think about him alot.

He lived with me so i still gotta see his room and shoes ect. I am glad he came back home though. I was more like his father. I was always there for him.

I wish I knew we only had a little bit of time left. I would have done more. I miss him and really wanted to be able to have some more time together. I missed out on alot of yrs with him because he had alot of problems and wasn't around.

I still don't know how he died. I am waiting for the report on him. Right now it is just natural causes. If you have a dad out there and you don't see him much or talk to him. You should try and mend things. Once they are gone you live with it forever.

Thanks again for all the support guys. As for the V3 I know it pretty well. It was tough at first but once you get over the hump you'll find it's a good unit.

Umr, The item you see is just a old lead seal. Does look like a old spanish silver I wish. I'll trade ya for one of the 100 you have dug lol.

Hang in there jfx. Your dad would want you to try and move on. I found it hard to detect myself. But I am really trying to move forward. I just need time. And so do you.

Take care guys

Jeremy

Jer, I feel your pain . It's hard to write comforting thoughts ,but you will realize as, time heals the sorrow , that he is always close by . You may think to yourself, you know , I am like him or dad would want me to handle life or a situation , like this . I know , I miss both my parents ,especially around the Holidays , things get empty inside . But you stay tough and make the best of times for your loved ones that are close to you . Your now living the life you watched him live . When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so old fashioned I could hardly stand to have the man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. With age comes appreciation of their wisdom . Older I get the more thankful I am ,that he was always a part of my life . Anyway ,I hope this helps . Great finds with the V3 , keep your chin up and carry on family traditions :icon_sunny: God Bless You and All Concerned , dawg

very sorry to here the news my condolences you are very fortunate you had the time to talk with him about what mattered i hope time will heal your grief it always seem to hope you find the hobby just as exciting in time nice find time will heal scott

Jerv, I'm sorry to hear about your dad buddy but remember he's in a better place now man and is smiling down on you. I believe you're right that he would've wanted for you to continue on living and not to be in a sad state for very long. We'll get to see all our loved ones again one day but until that time, you have to just remember them as they were and the good times until that time comes for us to be reunited with them :)
On another note, Congrats on all those cool finds man, that Spectra seems to be working out for you quite well. I just got the T-2 Special Edition with the Boost Process and soon as I got it took it out to a hammered field and dug a button within 5 minutes....You'll catch up with the finds this coming year my friend!! HH and I'm sure Pops will be bringing you all sorts of good luck! :wink:

sorry to hear of your loss -- losing a dear beloved father is rough * -- mine used to metal detect and deer hunt a bit with me before his mind went several years ago -- in effect he died twice -- once was his mind the second time was the body .

from the sounds of it -- you got along great with your pop -- thats good , and it sounds like it was a "quick" end --that too is a small blessing in a way.

althought we want our loved ones to hang around forever , we do not get what we want always -- may god help you find peace knowing that one day you shall see your beloved father again in heaven --never to part again from one anothers company .

Thanks alot guys,

I appreciate all the kind words. I was fortunate enough to be my dad's oldest son. So out of the 5 kids he had I spent the most time with him. I have a 19 yr old sister and 20 yr old brother who didn't have as much time as I did. It is much harder for them. I think my dad knew his time was coming soon.

He was walking around the house saying stuff like I just don't feal right. He kept telling me daily we need to go to the bank and I need to put you on my account incase something happens. I just didn't put the peices together. He was one of 15 kids. And a few months back he got a few of his brother together and told them he was dieying from cancer.

I am not sure exactly what killed him yet. He was the type he wouldn't have told me. He didn't want me to worry. I am just glad he went out in peace. The day I found him he was as peaceful as can be. He used to say stuff to like I am ready to go home. He was a god driven man. So I know he is in a better place.

Once again thanks to everyone who replied. It is nice to know I am not the only one out there in this situation. Life is tough you live and die. It's something we all have to go through.

Take care

Jeremy

I lost my dad 9 1/2 yrs ago ,about a year before I started metal detecting. We were never real close. However we used to go to the trout stream and he would fish down steam .I always prefered to go upstream. Some of the greatest memories where the times we drove back . telling are fish stories to each other . Only to drop him off at his place and say goodbye til the next time. I have not been trout fishing since he died .
I only wish we had discoverd metal detecting before he died . He left me his coins from years of collecting . I have significantly added to over these last 7+ yrs. I know he would have loved the Idea of digging up old coins and history as I do with passion. I like to think he somehow guides me to all my finds . And when I find something that is not in the collection he left me, well it is down right emotonal when I place a find in a book . It is sad . However I think we have found common ground, my dad and I . I feel him most when I do what I love most Metal Detecting. Peace and sorry for your loss.Rob :coffee2:

I just hope my son can say goodbye to me ... like you did with your father.
Life goes on and has many treasures to be found ...... :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your loss JerV3, God Bless your dad.

TommNJ

Jeremy, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. God Bless, Breezie

:read2: :thumbsup:

Hi Little brother,
Just wanted you to know that I’ve had that feeling you’re experiencing right now and it won't go away any time soon but, your dad would most likely be letting you know that you ought to just put your best foot forward each and every day of the rest of your life and everything will surely take care of itself in time. We walk by faith not by sight.
My dad past away about two months prior to my retirement from US military service in 1991 and he was everything to me in life. That was the most real time challenge I’ve ever had to experience.
He was a tough old gentleman out of the south and he came from really hard times but, nothing could break his spirit or change his faith. He could overcome any obstacle in his path.
Faith is a powerful virtue in a person and I believe your dad lived by it, loved the feel of it and walked by it every day of his life. Now, it’s your turn and it's time to test your faith on what you truly believe. Can you walk by faith and not by sight?
I have faith and I believe that you have it too little brother.
My dad is and will always be around me now and forever. I can hear his voice, I can smell him when I swet from a hard day’s work. When I'm happy and full of joy I can hear my dad’s laughter all around me and when I'm sad my eyes are filled with my father’s tears when I’m suddenly caught up with the truth of my faith that he 's no longer able to be felted with these hands.

J- Sorry about your Dad. I lost my Dad in May this year at 70 years old. I'm still trying to deal with it. I know how you feel...it takes the "fun" out of things for a while. I realized that much of the joy I got from detecting was in sharing my finds with Dad. Now I believe he is LEADING me to great finds! You can't get him back, but you have great memories and he is always with you. A friend of mine told me this: when you lose someone you love, the best thing to do is get up in the morning and put your shoes on. It works...God bless.

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Jer. I still have my Dad, but my Mom left six years ago. I know how you're feeling but the passing of time eases the the pain of missing him. And of course the hope that we hold of seeing them again helps as well. :) I'm glad to see you are out finding those amazing items. You still put on the best display ever! I don't know how you do it! :notworthy:

Hugs, Nana :)

Thank you everyone.

I'll remember the things you all told me. It does help clear things up for me. Like I said I will be fine over time. Unfortunately my sister called me yesterday and her husbands dad just died yesterday. And he was only like 50 or 51. It's just been one of those yrs. I have another funeral to attend next week.

I must be getting older. I am going to more funerals more often now. Life is short and I will see my dad again one day.

Take care

Jer

Sorry to hear about your Dad. On a positive side, you made some great finds, that coin ring is very cool! HH, Mike

You have some nice finds my friend. I am sorry to hear about your dad. Just know that many prayers are with you and understand that your most possessed treasure is the love you had from your father !

My dad and I metal detect together a lot and I know we both enjoy the times we spend together.

Hang in there :icon_sunny:

TX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back