First real gold for Silver uMax

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Finally got to get out once again with the Silver uMax. Went out to Highlands today and detected a few easements and then wound up in a park where I found this 14k gold pendant in the playground. I've found a few similar to this before when I had my B2uMax but this was the first real gold for the Silver. Attached is a scan.

I met another detectorist at the same park, named Roland, who hasn't been detecting very long. So I told him about TNet and hopefully he'll be frequenting the site soon and learning more about what a great hobby this is.

Ray

Attachments

• pendant.jpg
    pendant.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 585
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Hi mastereagle,

This is a religious pendant and the images more than likely represent Joseph, Mary and the child Jesus. Catholics are the ones who normally let their children wear this iconic kind of jewelry. But the kids often lose them in the playground.

By the way, here's my favorite religious gold pendant...it's my favorite because it's the oldest. Not sure when it was made but it is definitely an older style of pendant and larger than the one I just posted.

Ray

Attachments

• oldpendant.jpg
    oldpendant.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 552

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Ray in CA,

Nice find! The "Silver" does it again! The hot set up for the Silver is the 10" X 12" concentric coil. Happy hunting. Joe

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks Joe, and yes I have the 10x12! But I use the stock coil in playgrounds and it's the first coil I use on easements since pinpointing is much easier. If I don't find any silver, then I go over it with the 10x12 for deeper coverage. When the ground is wet, however, I found that the stock coil can easily hit a dime or penny at 7".

Ray

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Ray in CA,

Smart of you to be working that 10" X 12" coil! That 8"concentric is also doing the job for you, 7" on a dime or penny is super. That's a great machine for someone that doesn't need or want all the whistles and bells and at $239 it's a steal. Joe

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray,
Congrats on the gold!!! I knew the Silver Umax would do you proud. They are great detectors. I have the 9x8 concentric coil on mine.
Way to go!!!
-MM-

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks MM and tymcmurray!

I think tomorrow morning I might head out to what I believe is another old stagecoach stop not far from Banning. I don't have to work till later in the afternoon so I might as well give my Silver uMax another go!

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread