Todays Finds

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished hunting a little hill that I found about 15 minieballs and musketballs on. Spent about 20-30 minutes after work scanning the small hill-bluff. I still got much more to work on but this is all that I found. Looks like I have scanned this hill quite well and time to move to the next. The 1953 Military issued WCC 53 .45 bullet was a suprise! I was hoping it was a Sharps at first but it wont :P Also, I found that piece of lead that looks like a letter "C" which is very interesting. I am trying to figure out what this was. It looks like it has been sniped or cut in half. I also bought a new fine point black pen for labeling some of my lead. Looks like it works pretty good.... Well, hope to have more than this after this weekend. ;) ;)

Attachments

• 101_1255.JPG
    101_1255.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 101_1256.JPG
    101_1256.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 697
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Josh...Glad you got out a little today,been snowing since this morning but hopefully most of it will be gone by the weekend.Congrat's on the lead....The "C" is definetley a little different.Good Luck Brother!!!

Attachments

• PC050003.JPG
    PC050003.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 634

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go King of the Hill. ;D Some nice CW relics. I'm glad the site is still producing for you.
Supposed to be in the high 60's this w/end down our way, so I'll be back at my CW spot too.
Great job Josh.
-MM-

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ridge_runner said:
Nice finds.....Keep hitting that hill hard...

HH,

Yep, a site never stops producing BUT this spot I have hit hard and with the AMOUNT of lead it was producing at first, the next bluffs over are bound to have alot as well ;) . I will come back to this one when the others stop producing alot.

Yeah, MM and Civil, I will probably get out this weekend and go to a different spot though. We will see what it produces...... :)

RR

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Yes keep showing us that old stuff, we like it. Not many of us have the locations to find historically significant items like you do.

HH and keep um coming.

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a few pieces of C lead like that out of VA in the Cold Harbor area. One of mine is not broke so it looks more like an O. Very interesting!

KFB

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get it all, Senti! 8) GREAT bullets!!!

;)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds for sure.
The ground is frozen here.

Attachments

• 4_17_2[1].gif
    4_17_2[1].gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 316
  • 28_3_6v[1].gif
    28_3_6v[1].gif
    37 KB · Views: 327
  • 4_17_2[1].gif
    4_17_2[1].gif
    1.9 KB · Views: 316
  • 28_3_6v[1].gif
    28_3_6v[1].gif
    37 KB · Views: 323
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kindafoundabuckle said:
I got a few pieces of C lead like that out of VA in the Cold Harbor area. One of mine is not broke so it looks more like an O. Very interesting!

KFB

You dug some of these at Cold Harbor....Well that is really interesting and has my interest sparked even more. Yes, you can clearly see that it use to be an "O" but was cut either intentionally or not, by some kind of blade.

Thanks for the comments. Dont worry though, I am only moving about 20 yards over to the next high spot on the other side of the ravine. Definitely will continue to hunt this spot. ;)

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Cool finds, {Sentinel}! Always enjoy your relic finds.

The "C" shaped lead piece is interesting. Is it my imagination or is there a small lock/release mechanism on the inside? Is there a similiar angle cut on that side also?
If so, I don't know what this piece is but it may not be a cut piece but rather something designed to open and close.

HH

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paul1410 said:
Cool finds, {Sentinel}! Always enjoy your relic finds.

The "C" shaped lead piece is interesting. Is it my imagination or is there a small lock/release mechanism on the inside? Is there a similiar angle cut on that side also?
If so, I don't know what this piece is but it may not be a cut piece but rather something designed to open and close.

HH

Good guess but I think that that is where the patina on the outside cracked when I had accidentally bent the piece.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread