First real hunt of the year.

dieharddigger

Dec 1, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/E-Trac
It seems like winter would never end! Finally the frost is gone,so I went out for an afternoon hunt at the 1860's college. It sure felt good to be out again,it felt even better when I popped out two mercs in a row. I ended up with two wheats,1919 and 1946. Three mercs,a 41,39 and a 44 s. For a second, I thought the infantry collar disc was a large cent. Found the ring to a real old pocket watch and a very cool clock key. (My favorite find of the day!) Then there is the little silver thing that swings open,looked like some drug paraphernalia. Turns out it's handmade sterling,from Leanore Doskow,who was a silversmith/goldsmith since the 30's. I e-mailed her to find out exactly what it is?
Thanks for looking, Steve

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 283
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 277
Upvote 0
P

Pentico

Congratulations on a great day out.
Pipe tree is a cool find but the silver is so sweet!

Continued success in 09!

DN

S

seger98

Excellent find, pretty darn sure that is a 1917 WWI collar button! Congratulations on the silver too.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dieharddigger said:
It seems like winter would never end! Finally the frost is gone,so I went out for an afternoon hunt at the 1860's college. It sure felt good to be out again,it felt even better when I popped out two mercs in a row. I ended up with two wheats,1919 and 1946. Three mercs,a 41,39 and a 44 s. For a second, I thought the infantry collar disc was a large cent. Found the ring to a real old pocket watch and a very cool clock key. (My favorite find of the day!) Then there is the little silver thing that swings open,looked like some drug paraphernalia. Turns out it's handmade sterling,from Leanore Doskow,who was a silversmith/goldsmith since the 30's. I e-mailed her to find out exactly what it is?

Nice find dieharddigger, the folding impliment looks like a smoking pipe tool, has the stopper, the needle and the filler, nice, Charlie

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Marchas45 said:
dieharddigger said:

Nice find dieharddigger, the folding impliment looks like a smoking pipe tool, has the stopper, the needle and the filler, nice, Charlie

I agree whole-heartidly...

PS-RI

Nov 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer se with x-1 sunray probe
not bad for a first hunt great finds :thumbsup:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel about the weather. Great hunt! HH
John

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. I love the mercs. HH.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions