First relic and first gold...

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
...plated. :) My daughter had a field trip to state park today so I brought along my metal detector. I think I found an old dump, because I was pulling up glass, old nails, lids of jars, and this old rusted sawblade. I'm most interested in this suspender clasp that is 18K gold plated. It looks monogramed with the letters "JCE" or "JCP" and has the name "Majestic" on the back part of the clasp. It doesn't seem like a logger's set of suspenders. Found with a Tesoro Vaquero at 4".

RedSpey

Attachments

• IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 300
Upvote 0

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Great finds! Did you get a permit to go into the state park with your detector? Be careful in state parks because they can be really touchy! ;) I had to read your post twice because at first glance I thought you said you found a Tesoro Vaquero at 4"! ;D HH omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
R

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Yeah, I talked to the Ranger there. The park has a register that you write your information in, and then you only allowed to detect certain areas. The area you're NOT allowed to detect is a large grass field over a turn-of-the-century mining townsite! Oooh, I wish. I'm thinking of getting a group of detectorists together and seeing if the State will allow us to have a group outing on that section (it's allowable by special permission). BTW, I live in Washington state and there are over 67 state parks where you can metal detect.

RedSpey, the "I wish I found a Tesoro instead of paid for one" detectorist

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
R

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
There is a J.C. Penney's in the area; probably been here quite awhile. This state park was founded in 1912...not sure about the Penneys. Any ideas where to find old catalogs?

RedSpey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread