First Ring! (and my other stuff to date)

S

SonjaMarie

Another nice day out so out I went again to the yard. At first it was just junk and a signal I couldn't find what it was after digging for awhile so I gave up on it and moved alone the edge of our walk way when I got this insistent signal.

I dug a swatch of dirt and flipped it over and I spotted what I thought was just the edge of a pull tab or a hook like I found a few days before, but when I picked it up it was neither it was a RING! (see photos attached).

I then detected a bit more, another signal I couldn't find the item for and a penny later on, so a bit of a come down from the RING but I'm stll happy!

Here are the photos of the ring and my other finds since I got the MD (well excluding the garbage). The pretty young girl holding the unicorn is my niece Harmony.

Sonja Marie

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 319
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCF0058.JPG
    DSCF0058.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 362
  • Harm.jpg
    Harm.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 358
  • plane.jpg
    plane.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 324
  • stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

And more stuff....

SM

Attachments

• axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 304
  • fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 336
  • stuff2.jpg
    stuff2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 346
OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

The only markings I can find on the ring are 625 or 525 it's very faint :(

Sonja Marie

J

Jim Cal

Nice ring! Seems like some interesting stuff in your yard. Thanks for the pics. Jim Cal

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

Onion,

As I posted already lol it looks like 625 or 525 but it's too faint to really see well.

Sonja Marie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id say 625 or 925 .............. silver

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice finds, sonja. And all this time you were worried about not finding anything but junk. Patience, persiverence, skill, and a bit of luck makes all the difference. You've come a long way in a short time-keep it up. Gotta love that ring. HH

D

Darod

Lots of neet stuff there! Great job!

That ring is superb. I agree with Onion, I'd have it looked at by a pro and get an appraisal on it.

Couldn't hurt.

Rod

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Good work Sonja Marie! I knew that you would find some good stuff. Remember just the other day you commented on wishing that you would find a ring. Looks like wishes do come true. A very nice ring & you found it yourself. Makes you feel good doesn't it? Keep up the good work. Spotz

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Sonja. You're getting a nice collection. You better start thinking about an addition to your home or a new outbuilding to store all your treasures in 'cause there's no cure for this treasure hunting disease. ;D HH~CO2

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

Stoney! That's where that comes from the cartoon "Tale Spin" I used to watch that years ago. I don't think it's worth much though.

Sonja Marie

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
My remember seeing it on TV on Saturday's. My problem though is I've got a lot of memories, just can't find shovel big enough to dig 'em up. ;D HH

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Sonja Marie! The more I look at that ring, the more I agree with every one else. I think it may be a VERRY nice antique & you should have it appraised for value. Take the time to have it done by at least three different jewlers. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread