Grange Hall coins.....1 silver

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Went to the local Grange Hall with my buddy from church today. Wasnt expecting to find much since he had looked it several times. While digging a dime signal at 8" in the gravel drive......of all places.....he comes and shows me a 56 Rosie he has found.

I go back to digging thru the gravel and was about to give up and out pops a 51 Rosie. Pretty beat up from being under the gravel......but its silver anyway. I had to work for it though.

We looked for awhile longer and I managed to find 2 quarters from the 80s, 3 dimes from the 70s, a 87 nickel, and my last find......on a path in the woods beside of the Grange Hall..... a 41 nickel.

My buddy managed to find several wheaties and a few clad coins as well.

Attachments

• grangehallcoins.jpg
    grangehallcoins.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 314
  • grangehallsilverrosie.jpg
    grangehallsilverrosie.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 309
  • grangehall41nickle.jpg
    grangehall41nickle.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Alright Zeke. I've worked on our local Grange Hall twice but it was a litter box. I haven't taken the time to hit it yet this year. There are several late 1800's Grange Halls in remote ares near here that are on my list of future hunts. Good work. Silver is always good to find. Spotz

D

Darod

Great finds!

When it's hard to dig for um, it makes them that much better when you get them!

You gotta love silver, any silver!

Rod

C

Carl in CO

What is a grange hall??? Are there any in the wester part of the country?

OP
OP
Zeke

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Carl.......over here in the east....they are like a gathering place for the community. Mostly find them in small unincorporated townships. This one was built back in the 20's or 30's and when I first moved here......its where I went to vote. They have since moved the voting place to the gym of the new elementry school. I live out in the boonies ;D

C

Carl in CO

Thanks for the clarification. I will ask around and see if anyone in my neck of the woods has ever heard of one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread