First Seated and it had a friend! Back on the Silver!

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I got off of work a little earlier today so I was able to get out there. Went to my site which I scouted a couple weeks ago and found the real nice Dandy button. I was walking all over the place just chasing some shot gun shell signals then BOOM real nice signal with a high tone! 4 inches down starting to get into the clay was a little silver so i poured some water on it and could make out that it was my first seated dime 1888 (#18 Silver). I was so pumped I shot out some texts to tell some friends of my treasure! So i put it away and swung the coil over the hole again and got another silver signal and popped out another Seated Dime 1887 (#19)! Nice little coin spill! Dug a small cal bullet too. Not sure if it is old or not but it kinda looked older to me. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3172.jpg IMG_3173.jpg IMG_3174.jpg IMG_3176.jpg IMG_3177.jpg IMG_3178.jpg IMG_3179.jpg IMG_3180.jpg IMG_3181.jpg IMG_3182.jpg IMG_3183.jpg

Upvote 17

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. We need to see some cleaned up pics. Seated are few and far between. Enjoy

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. We need to see some cleaned up pics. Seated are few and far between. Enjoy

Im having a hard time cleaning them. Those pics are actually after i did the tin foil with salt and baking soda with boiling water. Not sure how to get them more clean with out hurting them.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh. That must have been some rough soil they were living in

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife suggested Brillo pad...I don't listen to her either...
Nice score on the old silvers....

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh. That must have been some rough soil they were living in

Yeah it was in a weird grayish clay. but with the salt water down here that might have had something to do with it. Ive seen some silvers roughed up in dirt down here but these are by far the worst I've seen. Unfortunately

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two seated dimes...are you kiddding me? Congratulations!!!!! That's one heck of a find, regardless of their condition. HH

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely do some electrolysis on those dimes. The nice part about it is you can stop at any point. Congrats on your first seated!

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats Stef, even tho they're worn... 2 seated's in one hole is awesome!

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Digs Nick now get out and finds the relics from that period. You're definitely on the right place.

JerseyDigger19

Apr 20, 2015
West Orange, NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HOLY SMOKES BATMAN! 2 seated in one! Congrats on an amazing dig. I'm still looking for my first and this gives me hope1

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on your first two Seated Liberty coins! Your ground seems to be brutal on silver!

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going! Two seated will put a smile on anyone's face. A few years ago I pulled my first seated half dollar and after dancing with joy I rechecked the hole and got another signal. I almost wet my pants. Out came a seated quarter.

DSC_0278 obv.jpg

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. I'm fairly new to detecting 6+ months and I have yet to find silver. I've found a few dollars in wheat cents but silver eludes me. Using the AT Pro so it should be easy to find, but not yet. Still scratching my head? But great job keep it up.

OP
OP
Stef45

Stef45

Jan 7, 2016
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratz on your first two Seated Liberty coins! Your ground seems to be brutal on silver!

Ha yep thats the Low Country for yah! Hence when outsiders come in and "dig" up beautiful looking coins we question it. lol

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys are killing me with these seated silvers. I've not found my first one yet, even though I've dug multiple coins from the minting period. Mark me jealous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread