First Short Water Hunt Produces Silver

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is finally warm enough for me to water detect. :thumbsup: I like it when it's hot enough that my nipples don't fly off (ping...ping...) when I get in the water. Took the Aquanaut out to hit the beach at the local state park. I pulled 3 pieces of jewelry from the water as well as a fish hook. :hello2: The change was found in the grass and sand, practically all surface finds. I did this after dinner and only hunted in the water for a little over an hour and about 20 minutes in the grass.

The ring that looks like a cat face is .925, :occasion14: the other 2 pieces are junk.

20160705_202946.jpg

My only hunt last year produced 3 large fish hooks. :BangHead:

If it's hot this weekend, I'll be detecting up in Lake Erie (around Vermilion) since the yards are too dry to hunt permissions.

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 27

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other ring? Looks like the Riddler lost it?
Nice to get in the water, cool finds...

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job "getting your feet wet".........combining a little recreation time with some recreation time? :thumbsup:
Nipples? How about shrinkage!! :laughing7:
Nice finds, L-D............:hello2:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didja get into any fairly deep water or just the very edge?

It's a whole different world trying to balance everything, pinpoint, dig, sift, stay in one place so you can try a second scoop. :)

Nice going!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job I just started water hunting myself the targets are harder to pinpoint I would have a target the put my pointer in to locate and it was gone I need lots more practice. Hope to see some good water finds from you on top of these. Loco be careful of those fish hooks

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see your getting wet! Beats the heat and some of the best treasures going.. Good Luck and Be Safe!

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other ring? Looks like the Riddler lost it?
Nice to get in the water, cool finds...

Thanks Dave, the fish hook was the 1st recovery, the Question mark ring was the 2nd. The water feels so good when is 80 plus degrees. :thumbsup:

Nice job "getting your feet wet".........combining a little recreation time with some recreation time? :thumbsup:
Nipples? How about shrinkage!! :laughing7:
Nice finds, L-D............:hello2:

I try not to think much about the shrinkage. :laughing7: I have him trained, no problems there. :thumbsup:

Didja get into any fairly deep water or just the very edge?

It's a whole different world trying to balance everything, pinpoint, dig, sift, stay in one place so you can try a second scoop. :)

Nice going!

Thanks Whadi, I was chest deep using the scoop. It's not as easy as some make it look, but I am getting better with every target retrieved.

Congrats on some nice stuff LD

Thanks Art

Great job I just started water hunting myself the targets are harder to pinpoint I would have a target the put my pointer in to locate and it was gone I need lots more practice. Hope to see some good water finds from you on top of these. Loco be careful of those fish hooks

Thanks A2, I do not use a pin pointer in the water, even though I own a carrot, I just use dead reconing with the scoop and it takes numerous attempts to come up with the target. I always wear an old pair of sneakers, but plan on buying some beach shoes soon.

Good to see your getting wet! Beats the heat and some of the best treasures going.. Good Luck and Be Safe!

Thanks OBN, I plan on doing more water detecting this season. I think I'll have a better chance for better quality bling up at the Lake Erie beaches.

Last edited:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Loco...always good to see your posts, coming from another crazy-a## Ohio boy..lol...but congrats on the finds, you did well considering your experience in the water, or lack thereof...but it will come! I have a weeks vacation 1st week of September, I'm going to get my feet wet in the Mohican River near Loudonville, Ohio. I've only hunted knee deep, one time at a State Park and plan on going whole hog, snorkel and all...There's a TON of tubers, canoers, kayakers, swimmers etc...in this river all summer long, and I want to try my luck at water/river hunting...with AND without the detector, if the water is clear I'll use the ole peepers. thx Loco, didn't mean to hijack your post but I'm ALL kinds of excited. ..thx very much..ddf

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your out swinging Loco!!!! I think my machine has left me since we have been ignoring them so long.........:censored:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats LD. Water hunting sounds fun. These spring fed creeks around me are awful cold. Give you the blues!! Lol

HH RN

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job getting in the water Loco. I need to do some more hunting like that myself, but it always frustrates me. Maybe I'll just stick to land hunts and jumping in Rivers (in April) lol.

Great job bro

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good deal Loco! Get in that water, I love it - my first season in the water.

Somewhere back in around '84, a fellow in NE Ohio found 140 gold rings in one year on the beaches of Lake Erie. It was featured in one of the treasure mags at the time, don't remember which one. And I was living in Madison and didn't water detect = silly me.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Loco, wish I could hook up the boat and join ya in Lake Erie, sounds like fun!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done Loco... stealing the silver from the fishes!

Good luck to you sir.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there ya go in the water and bring up silver! Nice! Congrats!

Seeing as how my detector can't swim, i'd have to solo snorkle. I have found paper money on the bottom before. Kinda wonder what the fish thought about the paper $$ drifting on the bottom. :what:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a good water hunt! As much as I like digging old coins, I think I enjoy water hunting the best. Great finds especially the Silver!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just getting into the cool water sounds like a winner to me. Big Congrats on the silver ring.

tabman

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Loco Digger,

Congratualtions on the productive hunt! :occasion14:

I too have to wait to complete some early (1668 and 1750 & 1814 paid for my services) homesteads due to the dry grass. :BangHead: May try some water hunting with the Garrett Infinium, but historical property land hunting appears to be "my thing".

Regards,

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread