first silver coin, 1916 mercury dime found at old rail road station

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, today after dropping my son off with my ex, i decided to hunt next to a old railroad station that dates i am sure pre-1900, i hunted around the old building but so many sounds i think there is alot of old aluminum shredded or lots of old deep coins, was only going to dig the best sounding sigs because i just wanted to hunt for a short while because i had to go to the bathroom, first sig, oh boy if i find a coin here i thought to myself must be a wheat or indian head, nope modern penny deep, next sig ok here we go, nope another lincoln deep, ok i thougt to my self if there is any place to find a old coin in this town this is it, has everyone detected everything old around here, about 40 yards away i came up to what look like maybe a old cabin foundation, i looked around and thought oh boy here we go, kinda of weird like someone plastered the whole foundation with some concrete, well not long after being next to it, got a so so dime reading, not that great of a sound, i probed my screwdriver about a dozen times and finally hit that sweet flat coin sound so soft i knew it was a coin, so i thought this one is really deep, lets take it easy, and scraped the dirt and sod away and looked down and saw a shiny silver coin and knew right then i just found my first silver coin :), they shine like the day they were dropped, it is a mercury dime 1916 has some kind of mark to the right of date, looks like a w, this was about a 20 minute hunt, left after the coin find, was so excited and happy enought to leave, like i got my limit for the day or something, anyone know if it has any value? don't have a redbook yet, will head back soon to this site and see what else i can find, happy hunting all later tg

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 624
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 615
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 626
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions