pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got out quite a bit this weekend. Today was a pretty successful day that has a interesting story. I will try to make this short.

We were driving and noticed a backhoe, that is something me and my partner always checkout. It was parked besides a older home and they had torn down some outbuildings. The home had a realty sign in the front yard and looked like it was about to be torn down.

I tried to call the Realtor but no luck. We decided to hit the park and I soon noticed someone sitting on the front porch. I asked for and secured permission. As it turns out the property was in the middle of a family feud and when the other brother showed he was upset. Well not upset at us just mad about the situation. We gladly turned and left but not without listening to the story about how this guy was getting screwed.

Me and my wife have determined not to fight about inheritances, we have our own money and stuff.

On with the good stuff.

I first saw this gas cap and it was cool but when I turned it over I thought it was even cooler.

index.php

Notice the "D" mint mark on the back of the merc. Boy was I excited.

index.php

I believe that it is a 1920 D merc but I still have some soaking and cleaning. I want to be careful with it.

2a91cau.jpg

I later also got a small coin spill that was a buffalo nickel and a 1924 S merc.

index.php

There were also 5 wheaties that I dug. Not too bad of a day. If fact I haven't had a day like this for quite some time.

2vcao94.jpg

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neat finds...always sad to hear about these family disputes

HH
-GC

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Great finds. That's neat finding the merc. inside the gas cap.
Dman

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Nice finds, it has been a few months for me too. WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread