First Silver Find

Windbreaker

Jan 10, 2008
Hawkinsville, Georgia
Detector(s) used
MPx & BH - Challanger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to MD'ing and have found only pennies thus far and every thing from an old wagon wheel - speaker grill -pull tabs galore, brick ties, nails, soda cans, metal siding trimmings, bullit casings, metal plates .. bla bla bla...
Jim saw me scanning an open lot I had gotten permissoin to hunt and stoped and introduced himself, and gave me a quick lesson on my 2 machines and how to properly use the discrinate. He also gave me one tip in the 5 minuites we talked that has saved me digging TRASH!!! "if it's a coin, you will get a "beep" scanning in both directions -repeatable signal" AUSOME! DOH! now i leave the ghost signals i had been chasing and focus on the good signals!

Thanks Jim!

;D I went hunting at the old middle school here in town yesterday with Jim, a new MD'ing friend with 20 + years of experience. I found a penny in the middle of the open field and decided to focus on the area around the old tennis courts where I found an old light socket extension (the kind you put in a socket so you can plug an electrical plug in and still use have a light in the socket) Also found a "cinco centavos" mexican 5 cent piece that i thought was a penny, then I moved to the rear entrance - stoop of a brick building that is now the department of education office, the second sound was solid .25: cut the plug and opened it and there it was shiny silver! 1939 quarter! well worn around the edges but really clean straint out of the ground, I was amazed, and excited! Net for the day was one silver 1939 quarter, 3 wheat pennies, one 5 centavos Mexicanos, and 4 memorial pennies.

I am new to MD'ing and have found only pennies thus far and every thing from an old wagon wheel - speaker grill -pull tabs galore, brick ties, nails, soda cans, metal siding trimmings, bullit casings, metal plates .. bla bla bla...
Jim saw me scanning an open lot I had gotten permissoin to hunt and stoped and introduced himself, and gave me a quick lesson on my 2 machines and how to properly use the discrinate. He also gave me one tip in the 5 minuites we talked that has saved me digging TRASH!!! "if it's a coin, you will get a "beep" scanning in both directions -repeatable signal" AUSOME! DOH! now i leave the ghost signals i had been chasing and focus on the good signals!

Thanks Jim!

Jim found a few clad quarters, dime and a few pennies as well. I will send him a link and see if he can post any of his finds.

I have pictures on my camera phone but cant figure out how to get them off my phone and intop the computer or e-mail address. if anyone knows how please inform or I can send you the pics to your phone and you can e-mail them to me PLEASE!!!! lol :-\

Pictures as soon as I get the How-to-get-it-off-my-phone part figured out.

I will also post a picture of the 2.5d gold coin I have.

My Wife asked me if the quarter is valuable enough to sell to pay for the machine! LOL -not quite- she is so supportive! HAHAHAHA

I used my MPx machine that I received for christmass and the quarter was found @5-7 inches deep

Upvote 0

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
wellcome to t-net nice finds

HH DDEII

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Nice finds! Call your cellphone carrier about transferring pictures from your cell to computer. I think you have to have a special cable. I've been meaning to do this myself but keep forgetting.

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
I send my pics to my EMail addy. Then scan and download.
Go to phonebook
My name card,
put your name(your email name)
Scroll down till you see the @ symbol, type in your yahoo(or who ever you go with)

When you get a pic, hit send then it will ask,
reply via pic message
click on graphics
send
it will show . TO,you put in your email addy.

Simple???
I cheat, I go to recent log, scroll down till I find my name and send. Once you send one, you should be able to do the same thing. Be sure to save your addy to the phone or Sim card.

Hope this helps. :D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from the UK.