First Silver!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted this in the Bounty Hunter section as that is where I usually frequent.....but figure I would post here too since forum is quite large and not everybody checks each section. Mods remove if not ok.

Found my first silver today. 1943 dime.

Was pretty happy since I was about to give up on that park....20 minutes with not even a trash signal.

Found a 1930's token a few minutes later....making it back to back token days (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/481705-1935-1945-colorado-sales-tax-token.html)

Video if interested..... https://youtu.be/w1lXkQuUvcU

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 28

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations !!!!! I remember my first silver , it was a awesome feeling !! Enjoy ! HH

rehzuh

Greenie
Oct 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Still waiting on my first silver. Good thing you didn't give up on that park!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty sharp Merc, congrats on your first

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations !!!!! I remember my first silver , it was a awesome feeling !! Enjoy ! HH

Thank you...I can't stop staring at it lol. Sitting right next to my first wheat!

Congrats! Still waiting on my first silver. Good thing you didn't give up on that park!

Thank you. It was a good lesson to learn...and I am glad it was one I learned early. Hit every percent even if the first 99% gives you nothing. Applies to much in life I suppose....so be it with MDing.

Your first silver will come. They are shallower than many lead you to believe. Both finds were 3-4 inches. Even my sons BH Gold Digger could have found them. :occasion14:

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a beautiful looking Merc!!! Now get back out and find the rest!!!:laughing7:

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure shined that up to it original mirror sheen :thumbsup:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buy my coin supplies from Wizard Coin supplies. You can order coin holders for different denominations. Being that your find is special, I would put it in a coin folder and mark the date of find and location. Many years from now, you will reflect on this first silver coin find every time you look at the coin folder.
Congrats

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a beautiful looking Merc!!! Now get back out and find the rest!!!:laughing7:

Thank you. Raining and cold wind today lol...the MD gods have spoken and told me to relax today.

You sure shined that up to it original mirror sheen :thumbsup:

Just a warm soapy rinse was all....was in pretty good shape straight out the hole. :occasion14:

You never forget your first!

Hopefully not...woke up smiling this morning still. Until I saw the rain and weather.

I buy my coin supplies from Wizard Coin supplies. You can order coin holders for different denominations. Being that your find is special, I would put it in a coin folder and mark the date of find and location. Many years from now, you will reflect on this first silver coin find every time you look at the coin folder.
Congrats

Thank you for the tip....I might have to grab one of those. As of now it is sitting on display next to my PC desk. My wife found a rock that has a perfect groove it rests in.

Congratulations on your first silver!!!!

Thanks! :occasion14:

omegared31

Mar 12, 2015
Temperance, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first. I just found my first last week and today I found another. I took me almost a year to find the first but now its all down hill. Hope you find many more

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Grats on your first silver! They do come easier after you get the monkey off your back. My first was just a roosie dime back in the mid eighties.
There are two kinds of COLO tax tokens, the square one and the round one. They are aluminum and almost always come out looking like crap.(actually, there are more varieties but not metal) I am always dissapointed when I see one in the hole. I find about a dozen every year.
I do however have a copper/brass AZ tax token found this year here in Colorado.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first! Beware though.

It was the tipping point for me, I found that first silver coin on April 5th 2014... and my life just changed. I have been able to find 127 more in the last 18 months. Welcome to the club, and do your best to enjoy yourself (that's the real treasure).

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome the the Silver club and may there be many more for you. Congrats on the Mercury, America was in the darkest depths of WW2 in 1943...Sub 8-)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulation on the first silver coin! May your coil lead you to many more...:occasion14:

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your 1st silver and a Mercury!! Like others say, you'll always remember it! At least for me, there's nothing quite as exciting as an old shiney silver coin coming out of the ground, with the exception of course being a gold coin. It took me 8 months of solid hunting to find my 1st silver, and I had it in my mind that I wouldn't be a "real detectorist" until I found my 1st merc, so I was almost dissapointrd when my 1st turned out to be a silver Washington quarter, almost but not much lol. My 1st merc came the next day and not far from where I found my 1st silver. Keep them coming, it'll be easier now. Don't ya just love how nice silver coins look when you 1st see them in the hole and know you've found something special!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread