First Silver!

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted this in the Bounty Hunter section as that is where I usually frequent.....but figure I would post here too since forum is quite large and not everybody checks each section. Mods remove if not ok.

Found my first silver today. 1943 dime.

Was pretty happy since I was about to give up on that park....20 minutes with not even a trash signal.

Found a 1930's token a few minutes later....making it back to back token days (http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/481705-1935-1945-colorado-sales-tax-token.html)

Video if interested..... https://youtu.be/w1lXkQuUvcU

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 28

luke_00

Jun 15, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first silver

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no silver like your first silver! Many more to you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I buy my coin supplies from Wizard Coin supplies. You can order coin holders for different denominations. Being that your find is special, I would put it in a coin folder and mark the date of find and location. Many years from now, you will reflect on this first silver coin find every time you look at the coin folder.
Congrats

I do the same with mine, finding an old coin or silver is a win in itself, but it is another victory when it fills an empty slot in the coin folder.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank for all the great replies everybody. Really means alot to me. :occasion14:

I'm not sure I can ever repeat 2 tokens and a silver in 24 hours. I will try though. Sure would be a nice problem to have.

When I first flipped the plug I saw the liberty head peeking out and knew right away what it was. I just closed my eyes and took a deep breath of Colorado air. It was a pretty amazing feeling.

My brain is still buzzing 30 hours later.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a thrill your first silver! A barrier has been broken! So much history in tokens and knowledge gained from them.
Congrats!

Last edited:

Lilly0fA

Feb 13, 2015
Washington State
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver! That is always a great feeling! You will find more silver!

joetoilet

Mar 2, 2013
Perry Florida
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and I hope you have many, many more..silver coins are always amazing to me....

Sandskimmer

Jul 6, 2014
Lancaster, Pa
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 2200, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Merc! Awesome condition too. Just had my first the other night. Relish the feeling haha. They aren't kidding about getting the monkey off your back either. The ground just opened up for me after that. GL and HH!

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver!!! I found a 1943 merc just last week too using the AT gold that I just got. I found it at a school site that my dad and uncle had covered during the early 1980's with their detectors...lol so glad they missed one! I would definitely put in a coin folder and mark! i just got started metal detecting this last March and i have all my coins in folder and I still go back looking at my 1st silver coin (1938 new guinea one shilling)! Congrats again!!! I love this hobby!

OP
OP
TheHunterGT

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you treblehunter for that link...pretty cool info. 72 million of them out there somewhere lol...time to get busy.

This is yet another wartime issue that is easily found in grades through MS 67 FB. In fact, sharply struck coins are more available for 1943-D dimes than for those of its cousin mints, and this issue is popular with type coin collectors. There are numerous repunched mintmark varieties for this issue, yet most are too slight to attract much attention.

Thought that above was neat info. I have no idea what it would be graded at...clueless on that stuff. I have the Red Book 2015 but that is about the extent of my knowledge on coins.

Thank you all again for the kind words. This is a wonderful community and I am so glad to be a part of it. I love this hobby so much. :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14:

Hopefully no dreaded streaks without any for years and years. I sure would like to feel that feeling again soon. :laughing7: What a rush it was seeing it when that plug flipped over.

I am surrounded by 1800's towns and Santa Fe trail "everything" around here since it runs through my backyard (not literally). Confidence is high that more silvers will pop sooner or later. Maybe something golden one day...that would be rad.

Sure wish I would have had it on camera like I normally do for my YT channel...but sometimes I just want to detect without worrying about anything. Just me and the detector and the ground. Perhaps that zen is what made it appear...who knows lol.

Thank you again to everybody who has posted and given me confidence I am "doing it right" even with these "cheap toy" Bounty Hunters. (snicker snicker) :thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wtg! Your first is much more desirable than mine was. Great job!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Merc! WTG

thebirdflu

Aug 29, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first silver! My first was also a 1943 merc. It would be cool if TNet could do polls. I'll bet the merc dime would top the list of people's first silvers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread