First Texas (Fisher/BH/Teknetics) Lower Pole Purchasing?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Doing research it looks like when you buy a lower pole for a Fisher brand the metal clip is a separate purchase?

Does anyone know if this is true? It looks like some kayak paddle clips are compatible (may have to slighly drill a bigger hole if peg portion is too big if gotten the slighly wrong size).

Lower poles I bought in the past for White's, and Tesoro always came with the clip installed.

I find it weird that Fisher poles have only one peg instead of double (both sides), and the clip is seperate.

Are all First Texas lowers like this of buying the clip seperately?

I only have a Bounty Hunter now, but I do like what I see with Fisher machines (preferred balance of options over Teknetics, and BH even though they have similar machines).

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Just in case there's confusion this is what I mean. This is purchaseable, and is for Fisher lower poles. I guess I know the answer, but I find it strange considering White's, and Tesoro always included the hardware including the rubber washers.

Attachments

• 61vfNC4RxtL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    61vfNC4RxtL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 33

Waynea

Apr 24, 2022
Just in case there's confusion this is what I mean. This is purchaseable, and is for Fisher lower poles. I guess I know the answer, but I find it strange considering White's, and Tesoro always included the hardware including the rubber washers.
I just ordered this and it will be here on Friday. Picture shows the clip

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Waynea

Apr 24, 2022
I will. I ordered this for my Teknetics T2 Classic. Apparently, a lot of the detectors from First Texas share the same parts.
Seller contacted me and said the ones he gets from Fisher have the clip. So the one that should be here tomorrow will have the clip in it …

OP
OP
Zincoln Miner

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Seller contacted me and said the ones he gets from Fisher have the clip. So the one that should be here tomorrow will have the clip in it …
Cool. I think from my research, and from what you are saying that dealers have the option of with, or without clip when they order them.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread