FIRST TEXAS Is A GREAT Company

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I recently sent my T2 SE into First Texas for an upgrade. I have been very rough on the machine. I hunt in some really nasty spots. This T2 has been dropped several times. Fallen down hills and taken two trips into the ocean when I fell off some slippery rocks. The inside of the battery box had lots of corrosion and rust. The speaker would make no noise but the headphones would work. It had broken collars and other issues. I didn't ask them to replace or repair anything because I have treated this thing very rough. Way beyond normal wear and tear. I just got back from working out of state. My baby was back and had a brand new control unit, brand new battery box, new collars and what I believe is a new coil. I am so impressed. The speaker works great and it all looks great. Amazing company that really goes above and beyond. So impressed and wanted to share this

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like they went above and beyond for you bud. With all the things you mentioned wrong and knowing it wasn't normal wear and tear must company's would have had a few questions for you lol... Glad to hear this!! Good luck with the NEW machine..

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree Ahab, when I sent mine in last year for the upgrade, I honestly believe they simply sent me a new one.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad others had great experiences as well. There's very few companies I respect as much as First Texas. The turnaround times have been great and they truly go above and beyond. The BEST part is that I'm heading out in the am for the first time in a loooooooong time. Good luck my friends

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They really have improved since first taking over Fisher. Felix is a great person to work with. I had a major horror story at first but that was a long time ago.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They really have improved since first taking over Fisher. Felix is a great person to work with. I had a major horror story at first but that was a long time ago.

Yup I think they really care now and do a great job trying to make things right whenever there's any type of issue. Every company will have its share of problems. It's how they deal with them that makes all the difference

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent my F75 in for a tune up and they did great. Sent it back for the LTD2 upgrade and it came back with lots of extras and new parts. I got to keep my old gold handle F75 and it runs as good as the new ones. I have made lots of finds with my F75 and I get to see the First Texas guys every so often as they sometimes get down this way to hunt. First Texas guys are real people like you and me who like to detect.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent my F75 in for a tune up and they did great. Sent it back for the LTD2 upgrade and it came back with lots of extras and new parts. I got to keep my old gold handle F75 and it runs as good as the new ones. I have made lots of finds with my F75 and I get to see the First Texas guys every so often as they sometimes get down this way to hunt. First Texas guys are real people like you and me who like to detect.

Thanks for the info Casca. Good to know. Makes me want to support them even more. Next time you see them I person give them all a handshake and thank you from me

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread