Like Sex, Metal Detecting is a Distant Memory!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm worried about you John.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I read the full article and you did touch on metal detecting. It was someone else's metal detecting experience that you spoke of. I guess I'm glad you didn't share about the other topic.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
As you get older, the opportunity for sex and detecting fade some, but not the desire. LOL Frank
Gold hand.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What analogy?

OP
OP
John Winter

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What analogy?
The moral of this story is that detecting, like sex, is an activity that you have to work at, practice, and evolve techniques. Only when you put in the time and completed the exercises, will you fully understand your machine.
The analogy is complete!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting older sucks, no two ways around it! For the record, I only swing to the right :laughing7:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting older sucks, no two ways around it! For the record, I only swing to the right :laughing7:

I'm working on a straight forward motion, back again and then a right angle. Again, gonna take some getting used to though.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been going around in circles, no wonder I'm dizzy!:sly:

It's like anything in life when you can't do what you used to, you have to get inventive:D

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been going around in circles, no wonder I'm dizzy!:sly:

It's like anything in life when you can't do what you used to, you have to get inventive:D

STOP....!!!!!!!!!!! Stop the circles lady... you are totally confusing those watching you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm now changing my "motion" of detecting because it will be misinterpreted because of P.C. view points. Even deep in my wooden area you NEVER know.... Maybe someday I'll be a viral Youtube guy....? :dontknow:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
STOP....!!!!!!!!!!! Stop the circles lady... you are totally confusing those watching you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm now changing my "motion" of detecting because it will be misinterpreted because of P.C. view points. Even deep in my wooden area you NEVER know.... Maybe someday I'll be a viral Youtube guy....? :dontknow:

That's the plan, they don't know what I'm doing.....I don't know what I'm doing......it's all just spinning....spinn.....ing...thud!:sly:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, just switch to cache hunting with a 2 Box. I just carry it by my side, suspended from a shoulder stray and walk ahead. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread