First Texas metal detectors:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
In the medium to high performance bracket, the Fisher CZ's and the Fisher & Teknetics GB/G2 machines. On the low end, the lowly BH TK4 does pretty well under tough conditions.

Your question was pretty general. What specifically did you want to know?

--Dave J.

OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the quick response Dave.

Mostly I hunt Oregon beaches and old ball fields, and the soil here is mostly on the high magnetite side, including when I hunt on Oregon beaches with it's prevalence of black sand. I'm usually interested in smaller deeper gold and silver jewelry. I don't care for the ML sounds, and the Whites don't interest me either.

Larry

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
In the really heavy black sand, no VLF is gonna do a very good job. Also, in the wet salt, a single-frequency machine isn't going to work nearly as well as in the dry stuff. But you've been at this a long time, I suppose there's more you could tell me about that, than I could tell you.

Of the models we make, the ones I've heard the best reports on for Oregon beaches are the CZ's and the new GB/G2 machines. On clean interior sites the CZ's will usually beat the GB/G2's, but trashy sites will tend to favor the GB/G2's especially if it's jewelry you're looking for. These reports are consistent with what I know about the actual design of the machines.

In heavy iron mineralization, a small searchcoil will generally deliver better results than a large one.

--Dave J.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LuckyLarry

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dave. I think I'm ready for a G2/GB Pro, I already have a cz70.

Larry

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dave. I think I'm ready for a G2/GB Pro, I already have a cz70.

Larry

Are you gold hunting or coin hunting? The Gold Bug 2 doesn't make a very good coin hunter due to very high 71 khz freq. EXTREMELY sensitive on gold though. Gold bug Pro is a AWESOME trash hunter on coins in trash and iron as Dave said.

Holler if you have questions! Bart

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a real steal on a G2 that a gentleman had bought in Jan of 2012. Has never hunted and only tried it one day. I mean it appears to have just come out of the box. Wanting an f75 but could not pass up the deal on the G2. I figured good back-up.....Yeah right. This little dude is awesome. Great in the iron trash and I dug some Merrill Carbine bullets with it yesterday that I am not even gonna list the depth. Nothing stupid but just don't want to hear the I doubt it's. If the F75 is as supperior in depth as they say I am gonna need some help digging. Man this thing is light and fast as lightning on the return. You will dig lots of small led and brass. I mean SMALL. Hey.....it's a gold machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread