G2 is impressive

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have only 20-25 hours on my G2 but must say I am impressed. Dug some 54 Merrills yesterday at some pretty impressive depths. I have been talking to Edd at Treasure Mountain and he has a F75 SE with my name on it just waiting. Gotta sell my Spectrum to have enough she-money ( money she don't know about) before I get it. Ran into a deal on a like new G2. Did some trading and have really been nothing but impressed. The G2 is going to be my back-up. ......Well on to the review......The ground is pretty rough around here. Ground balance is usually in the 45-60 range. This little dude handles it like a champ. Super simple and fast as lighting on return and the ergonomics are a dream. Love the sound. It is not just a 2 tone machine. There is a lot of variance in those tones. Pretty easy to distinguish iron with the off the edge of the coil pass. The VDI locks rock solid on the good stuff. The only time it has been a little bouncy on a good target is at the very edge of it depth capabilites. Much better than my old Whites Spectrum and some others I have tried out. As to build quality I see nothing but good here unlike other reports. Especially for its weight. Hard to have it both ways. Light and built like a tank. It is a good comprimise. Love the ground grab and ground phase etc. Now on to the cons.......still thinking........oh well. I truly don't have a problem posting the I don't likes. There just aren't any that are really apparent yet. If I am more impressed with the F75, someone is going to have to smack the smile off my face.:laughing7:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The G2 is an AMAZING machine. The dual processors run very very smooth! SUPER sensitive!

gresults

Jun 19, 2012
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
FISHER Coinstrike, XP Deus , DetecorPro Pirate Pro, Tesoro Cortes.. Dealer for all these lines.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they are good machines.

Kevinito

Greenie
Jul 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked and the G2 has the DP while the T2 does not. Advantages? Disadvantages?

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all G2 users,

i am looking for someone who can offer me any advice about the G2, let me first explain that i am a relic hunter primarily, and in the last couple years i have mostly used an f70 or a vaquero, i am interested in a G2. Let me say that i have been detecting for close to 30 years and if there are any experienced detectorist out there that are experienced with the G2 let me know your thoughts."comparatively to an f70 or a vaquero".

Last edited:

kilmer

Mar 30, 2005
Central Indiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3 , F75 LTD, CZ70 pro, Teknetics G2, Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The G2 is one of the most "honest" detectors I have ever purchased. I think it truly lives up to all of the hype. It does exactly what it says it will do. It is super light weight, easy on batteries, a breeze to set up, and very responsive. If you buy one you will find yourself picking it up more and more. The more expensive, heavier machines will gather dust and you will be bringing home the goods. I wade into the iron with the G2 while my buddies go down the edges. I wish all the detectors I have ever purchased were as perfect as the G2.

Don
HH

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no experience with the machines you listed but have had a few Tesoros. I love the G2 so far. I have not dug any really good coins with it yet considering the number of buttons, shotgun hulls, and lead I am digging which makes no sense. I am convinced that I just have not got the coil over them yet. It only has 2 tones but gives a lot of variance in them. Really grunts when you approach big iron with the front of the coil. The little machine really tells you a lot with the audio. The VDI is the best I have ever used. Even though I am digging most anything that sounds right, the VDI locks dead-on even on the really faint signals. You WILL dig lots of really small stuff good and bad. I am talking anything BB size or bigger. I was going to get an F75 but found a great deal on this machine. I still plan on getting the F75 and using this as a back-up and trash machine but really hope I will be as impressed with the F75. I hunt lots of old agricultural fields which tend to have some pretty deep turned-under targets and hear the F75 is king around here for depth. The depth on the G2 is said only to be mediocre compard to the big boys but I have to admit I have been impressed with the G2's depth. I dug a small penny button yesterday that was 6 inches and sounded and gave perfect VDI in some pretty heavily mineralized ground.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hello all G2 users,

i am looking for someone who can offer me any advice about the G2, let me first explain that i am a relic hunter primarily, and in the last couple years i have mostly used an f70 or a vaquero, i am interested in a G2. Let me say that i have been detecting for close to 30 years and if there are any experienced detectorist out there that are experienced with the G2 let me know your thoughts."comparatively to an f70 or a vaquero".
I use a G2 and it is great for relics,i hunt old cellar holes and the G2 shines in the iron... all metal is very deep and the G2 runs very quiet... so light i can swing it all day no problems.
In disc 40 Sen.90 around the areas of the cellar hole it will not pick up the square nails/little pieces of iron...but it will pick up the axe heads 20 this year, oxen shoes.old tools of all sorts...and buttons in that iron easy.I found a Barber Dime in with 2 nails.so ya try one out..... Bart @ Big Boys Hobbies can give you the run down on it

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no experience with the machines you listed but have had a few Tesoros. I love the G2 so far. I have not dug any really good coins with it yet considering the number of buttons, shotgun hulls, and lead I am digging which makes no sense. I am convinced that I just have not got the coil over them yet. It only has 2 tones but gives a lot of variance in them. Really grunts when you approach big iron with the front of the coil. The little machine really tells you a lot with the audio. The VDI is the best I have ever used. Even though I am digging most anything that sounds right, the VDI locks dead-on even on the really faint signals. You WILL dig lots of really small stuff good and bad. I am talking anything BB size or bigger. I was going to get an F75 but found a great deal on this machine. I still plan on getting the F75 and using this as a back-up and trash machine but really hope I will be as impressed with the F75. I hunt lots of old agricultural fields which tend to have some pretty deep turned-under targets and hear the F75 is king around here for depth. The depth on the G2 is said only to be mediocre compard to the big boys but I have to admit I have been impressed with the G2's depth. I dug a small penny button yesterday that was 6 inches and sounded and gave perfect VDI in some pretty heavily mineralized ground.

Thank you TNGUNS for your response, I like my f70 and am a relic hunter "primarily" also i like my vaquero and it is a quality relic hunter too. i am going to purchase a new relic hunting machine in the next couple weeks and i was mostly set on a G2, but i may be tempted to an f75, ( I just wasn't sure there would be a lot of difference between an f70 and f75?) and with your post, it makes the f75 sound more tempting. Thank You.

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a G2 and it is great for relics,i hunt old cellar holes and the G2 shines in the iron... all metal is very deep and the G2 runs very quiet... so light i can swing it all day no problems.
In disc 40 Sen.90 around the areas of the cellar hole it will not pick up the square nails/little pieces of iron...but it will pick up the axe heads 20 this year, oxen shoes.old tools of all sorts...and buttons in that iron easy.I found a Barber Dime in with 2 nails.so ya try one out..... Bart @ Big Boys Hobbies can give you the run down on it

Thank you G.A.P. metal for your response, it is greatly appreciated, I have had my heart set on a G2 for a couple of months,and since the money is coming available "thanks to the good lords guidance and his allowing me to maintain my health in order to work for what i need and want" i may just be getting the G2 to add to my relic machines. But i have to say an f75 is making it confusing? thank you .

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The G2 is one of the most "honest" detectors I have ever purchased. I think it truly lives up to all of the hype. It does exactly what it says it will do. It is super light weight, easy on batteries, a breeze to set up, and very responsive. If you buy one you will find yourself picking it up more and more. The more expensive, heavier machines will gather dust and you will be bringing home the goods. I wade into the iron with the G2 while my buddies go down the edges. I wish all the detectors I have ever purchased were as perfect as the G2.

Thank you kilmer for your reply, i am thinking i am going to get the G2 to go along with my f70 and vaquero, i have been pondering the G2 or f75 for a few days but since i already own an f70 "not that it is an f75", i thought i would try a G2, thank you for your reply.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well I took the plunge and Ordered a G2. I already have a Gamma 6000 and did some posting here on the thread of "Got My Gamma", and don't get me wrong, I really do Like that Gamma and have found quite a bit with it so far, but I wanted to get a Upgrade to like a Gold Machine and everything that I've read here on the G2 has been so positive and then compared the G2 to other Gold Detectors over at the KellyCo site. Watched almost every Youtube Video, even the one in German by Andreas somebody, I don't even understand German, hee,hee, but his Video on the Gamma is EXCELLENT. Anyhow, I'm Hooked and the G2 is on it's way from El Paso as of yesterday....The G2 will become my Main Detector and use My Gamma as a Backup...Ofcourse it's always about Gold, on Our Claims there's Finely Diseminated Flour Variety on up to once in a while Nuggets and ofcourse the History of that area and the Claim itself on the Gold Mining dates from the time of the Spanish Franciscans, then later to the Pioneer Mini Gold Rush of 1878 and on. There was a mining operation here on the claim in the 1890's where they built dams, created resevoirs, piped water to their Hydraulick Nozzles and let'er go, in 1897 they reported 800 ounces for that year...but all came to the end in 1898 when a 10 year Draught struck. Other people came and mined some in the Depression Years of the 30's, then later until quite recent, so alot of activity and a whole lot of junk in the ground, but still a whole lot of good ground left...I know not to have high Expectations on anything, but I'm a hoping this G2 will at least perform like what has been reported.....Darrell

Whimpster

Jan 30, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Teknetics G2
E-Trac
Tesoro,Bandido II uMax,Silver uMax,Silver Sabre uMax
Tesoro,Eldorado small plastic box.
Compadre 8" coil ,Compadre 5.75"coil.
Tesoro Golden uMax new and old tone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a G2 about two months ago with the extra 5" and 10x5DD coils...it's a amazing machine very easy to setup also works well on saltwater beaches..wet and dry sand...very stable for a single-frequency detector.
It also picks up the smallest of objects...I dug a air rifle pellet at 7" with a strong signal...also works well on small gold...it's a great machine and complements my Omega 8000 quite nicely.
Attachment was taken off another site that found this gold with a gold bug Pro..same as the G2 in the electronics department... nugget's.JPG

Last edited:

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
I just can't tell you all about How much I LOVE this G2, it is a GREAT BLACK SANDS DETECTOR !!!!!!! And GOLD ofcourse, but I really Am IMPRESSED...It Found this PAYSTREAK I'm working right now and am getting some pretty nice gold.....I took a break yesterday when I and a Claim Partner were working it and I wondered around for like 15 minutes detecting away and found this VERY UNUSUAL ITEM (see pic's). Found at a depth of about 6 1/2 inches, it say's "FOOTH CAL, CAMC-AU, 21383", it's so small, must be brass or pewter, I got to thinking that it was an Oldie Pin-Ring for the BLM Mining Claim......Our Mining Claim which ofcourse is Public Record is named "Wishful Thinking" and it's CMAC # is 301553...now that's what I was a thinking, but I ain't too sure...I'm open to Ideas of what it could be??? If it was a Mining Claim Pin or something like it, it's Records could be found in the County Records, mmmm April 15 007.jpg April 15 013.jpg April 15 Again 001.jpg April 15 Again 002.jpg April 15 Again 003.jpg April 15 Again 006.jpg April 15 Again 007.jpg April 15 Again 008.jpg April 15 Again 009.jpg April 15 006.jpg

ArizFlash

Sep 19, 2008
North Central WA
Detector(s) used
Whites - V3 i , MXT Pro, XLT, IDX
Fisher F70, Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith Southern had some good YouTube videos on the G2 and has some good posts about the G2 on NASA Tom's forum. DankowskiDetectors dot com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread