First time Ace 250

J

JackRussell

Yesterday afternoon i went and picked up my first MD. I messed around behind my garage in Minnesota all i found was some old square nails, probably from the carriage house that was there at one time. And today i got to our home in fl and i went to the park and i dug up water pipe, it was only 2" down all over the place.. for spickets ... I would think that stuff would be a bit deeper... And some old pop tabs.. Maybe better luck next time.. :)

Upvote 0

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE
glad too see you got your MD when i first got my XLT i was so excited got out in my back yard hit a spot that gave me 2 Buffalo's a merc and some wheat's and the coin on the left .there where some nail's too come too find out it was the outhouse ? i think . so i was hooked? 3 years later i cant find enough time to detect .good luck

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Stay with it JackRussell,
The good stuff will come. Remember that square nails indicate a fairly old place. It may be a good place for further detecting.
Keep us posted.
BRD

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
It will only get better!! Cograds on your new detector and good luck on your next HUNT! :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello Jack & Welcome to the forum...
Congrats on your new machine. The more you use it the better you will get with it.
I'd go back to where the square nails were at. Usually where there are square nails there are older coins...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

P.S.> Love that little dog pic... ;D

OP
OP
J

JackRussell

Thanks everyone, i will hit that area back up when i get back 2 Minnesota... I used the MD in the Florida back yard and i also found a lot of nails and some more odd objects that are metal with small screws in them.. And a old electric plug wall plate that was way rusted and also this odd rough black colored rock that makes my MD go nuts.!!! ???

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
JackRussell, Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of Ace 250 user's on the forum. If you have any questions about it, post it, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of responses. From what I've read, it seems that you got the best detector in the market for the price!

Have you made a coin garden in your backyard yet? If not, this is a great way to practice and learn the signals your machine gives for the different things you want to find.

HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
J

JackRussell

Thanks fpr the tips everyone i am going to the beach today to test it out... XTANNE jour jack is cute, there cool dogs!! I have a smooth and i gave my father one last year and is a broken...

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I'd clean all that trash out first and by the time you do that you should be getting used to your 250 [exelent machine] and keep going back over the yard you'll find stuff. Just ask mud or anyone else who is still learning.
Dano

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread