First time crh in usa

rickypujol

Dec 5, 2012
Sweden (Båstad)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm in Miami visiting my gf and I was bored and found this forum which led me to this section. I have never done crh before.
So I got 60 halves and three out of them were a 1969 and two of them were 1968. So with 40% silver makes it around 16 dollars worth of silver ( I might be wrong here so correct me if I am). :). I also got me 6 large dollar coins but no luck there. I did also order 200 large dollar coins and 800 halves so wish me good luck and let's see the results in Thursday evening.

Attachments

• image-1566782265.jpg
    image-1566782265.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rickypujol said:
So I'm in Miami visiting my gf and I was bored and found this forum which led me to this section. I have never done crh before.
So I got 60 halves and three out of them were a 1969 and two of them were 1968. So with 40% silver makes it around 16 dollars worth of silver ( I might be wrong here so correct me if I am). :). I also got me 6 large dollar coins but no luck there. I did also order 200 large dollar coins and 800 halves so wish me good luck and let's see the results in Thursday evening.

Congrats on the shiny 40% halves. I was puzzled about ordering $200 large dollars and $800 in halves. Halves come in $500 boxes and can't normally order large dollars. Transfer from other branch?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the shiny 40% halves. I was puzzled about ordering $200 large dollars and $800 in halves. Halves come in $500 boxes and can't normally order large dollars. Transfer from other branch?

Some banks do order large dollars, but they usually come in $1000 increments, or occasionally $500 increments. Also, it's $14.67 in silver from 3 40% halves.

OP
OP
R

rickypujol

Dec 5, 2012
Sweden (Båstad)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the thing is when I tried to order a box of rolls of the coins they just said how many coins I exactly wanted so I guess they haven't really been asked to order this kind of coins before. So I just came up with some random numbers :p

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Ricky! That silver belongs to the American people! We demand you hand it back to us!

Just joking! Great finds for your first time coin roll hunting. Order big dollar coins in $1000 at a time, and half dollars in $500 at a time. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

rickypujol

Dec 5, 2012
Sweden (Båstad)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weaselbrott said:
No Ricky! That silver belongs to the American people! We demand you hand it back to us!

Just joking! Great finds for your first time coin roll hunting. Order big dollar coins in $1000 at a time, and half dollars in $500 at a time. Good luck!

I'm actually 25% american. So 25% belongs to me haha. I'll try to order that quantity on Friday. Crh is such a fun hobby and you get nice silver coins of it. Just awesome.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll take the other 75%, Thank you. How are you going to take the large dollars back to Sweden? A single bag ways 50.1~ pounds I think. How much silver do you get per 1000~ coins or so in Sweden?

OP
OP
R

rickypujol

Dec 5, 2012
Sweden (Båstad)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not planing to take all of the coins back to Sweden. I'm just taking the ones which have silver and the rest I'll give it back to the bank. Tbh I have never crh before at all. But the Swedish coins which have silver in them will be hard to hunt down since the dimensions are sometimes different from the new coins and they are easy to distinguish.

Anyways I'll try to continue crh when I get back since the teller I know at my bank is a old classmate of me and would probably help me. I must investigate further more when I get back to Sweden.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm actually 25% american. So 25% belongs to me haha. I'll try to order that quantity on Friday. Crh is such a fun hobby and you get nice silver coins of it. Just awesome.

How does one become 25% American? You're either American or you ain't.

OP
OP
R

rickypujol

Dec 5, 2012
Sweden (Båstad)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usandthem said:

Haha my mother parents are from Sweden and America. And my fathers patents are from Spain so, 50% Spanish 25% Swedish 25% American. I was born in Spain moved from there to Sweden when I was 6.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
usandthem said:

Just like my dad is 25% Italian and I'm 12.5% Italian. We were all born and raised in the US. The only true "Americans" are Native Americans, the Indians. All that are now called Americans came from Europe and elsewhere.

Oh Usandthem, I was raised in Lexington, KY. What part are you in?

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats.

You did ask them to order the large pre-1978 dollars?

Any dates after that are only worth a dollar, unless your beginner's luck allows you to find an error coin.

If you want to check your silver value go to coinflation.com.

OP
OP
R

rickypujol

Dec 5, 2012
Sweden (Båstad)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350/AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is today's found. Half dollar 1968, 1964, 2001 and 2008. This I got from a 500 $ worth of halves. It came out alright I guess. I never got the large dollar coins cos they gave me the small ones lol. So I got 2 questions now.

Is the 2001 half worth saving compares to the 2008? And when I tell them to preorder the large dollar coins from pre 1978 how does it work? Do they come in already made rolls or hand rolled, since I guess they also have to go through them to separate them?

Attachments

• image-75229028.jpg
    image-75229028.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 63

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Skal!

Nice finds in your halves. I have several friends in Sverige, and have been a couple times, always a lot of fun.

Pete

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
rickypujol said:
So this is today's found. Half dollar 1968, 1964, 2001 and 2008. This I got from a 500 $ worth of halves. It came out alright I guess. I never got the large dollar coins cos they gave me the small ones lol. So I got 2 questions now.

Is the 2001 half worth saving compares to the 2008? And when I tell them to preorder the large dollar coins from pre 1978 how does it work? Do they come in already made rolls or hand rolled, since I guess they also have to go through them to separate them?

Congratulations on your finds! As regards to the 2001 / 2008 halves, the 2001 is a high mintage quantity so I wouldn't bother keeping it unless you are planning on filling coin folders of all years & mints. The 2008 is a NIFC (not intended for circulation) and but unless in uncirculated condition it is still only worth $0.50 in the price guide I've seen.

For the large dollar coins, all branches that I've been too have said that they couldn't order them specifically. I found one local branch that called the coin provider and they had $50 on hand. They tacked that onto my halves order, but when I tried that at another bank they said they called but weren't given that option. I guess it only could happen if you find a nice branch with a good mediator with the coin provider.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread