First time detecting today

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
I'll tell you it was exciting to dig in the holes. Is even more thrilling pulling the stuff out of the dirt! The end result was a beer can, a nail, and a bunch of other junk!

image-3544774800.jpg

Looking forward to next time!

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Isabella on getting out there digging. You are certainly starting with the right outlook. Enjoy the hunt and the great finds will follow.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get disappointed we all dig cans and trash. Once you learn a few tricks and learn your detector you will start finding good stuff. No matter how good you are you will always get some trash because if you don't dig it you won't get it.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who says pull tabs and aluminum cans are trash. Save your pull tabs clean them and turn them into the Ronald McDonald house. As for the aluminum cans, recycle them.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
ah yes the wonderful slaw. There is a vid on youtube for making a bracelet out of pull tabs.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some hunts are all trash and some hunts are all treasure. Most hunts are a mix. Here's hoping you get a few zincolns on your next hunt. :laughing7:

RCGoodin

Sep 12, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Detector(s) used
Just bought a used White's V3i. Can't wait to get it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up. The treasure meant for you is just around the corner.....

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who says pull tabs and aluminum cans are trash. Save your pull tabs clean them and turn them into the Ronald McDonald house. As for the aluminum cans, recycle them.
The Ronald McDonald has a program involving pull tabs ?Do tell. Isabella don't give up!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get discouraged. Persistence in this hobby pays off in the end. It amazes me how often I dig a smashed can, totally buried, that would have been easier to dump properly.
luvsdux

OP
OP
I

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
How large of a shovel do you all use? I was using a garden one, about 8" tall.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garden shovels are fine to start with until you can get a leshe digger or a sod knife Isabella.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also..... Remember to make neat holes and fill them back in neatly.... Like you were never there.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get discouraged. Persistence in this hobby pays off in the end. It amazes me how often I dig a smashed can, totally buried, that would have been easier to dump properly.
luvsdux

Very true. I dug up an intact soda can from a nearby tot lot, and the trash can is not 10 feet away from the target location. The person must have buried it on purpose, because it was a good 3-4 inches down but not very old, and the floor of this tot lot is all mulch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread