First time MDing

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
Today, I wanted to hit the beach but due to high water I couldn't get in, so I hit up a nearby park. I hit 2 quarters in the first 5 minutes. After that it quickly went downhill, many pull tabs and foil later I ended up with a total of 3 quarters,1 nickel , and 2 pennies. All clad, nothing special. Then I went to this area by my moms house that yielded nothing but crushed cans.with low hopes I knew I had to go to the tiny park in the condo complex before I lost daylight. I managed to find a few more coins worth nothing more than face value before it got to dark to see. 1 dime, 1 nickel, and 2 pennies. Today's finds 99 cents. I didn't find anything special but i feel I learned a few things but i have a lot more to learn.

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net...your on your way...the more you use your machine, the better you will get and you will make great finds...good luck.

OP
OP

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
lookindown said:
Welcome to T-Net...your on your way...the more you use your machine, the better you will get and you will make great finds...good luck.

Thanks for the kind words and the warm welcome.

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and welcome to TNet. Lookingdown gave you some great advise and is right on track. The more you hunt the more you learn. Looking forward to see your future posts. Happy Hunting

dbeach8253

Greenie
Apr 4, 2012
Burbank Il
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 / Mindlab safari / CTX 3030 Garrett
Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet My first time 41 cents take your time and remember low and slow...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome 24k. Good start! In more than 40 years of detecting I have found hundreds of dollars in money, most clad. And jars full of baubles, including diamond rings. Keep at it. Success breeds success! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread