First time out finds!!

You're percentage of coins/trash is good. The detector is doing the trick. Good job! HH! Chris

You're doing better than I am, htrid day around my house and woods and all I have to show for it is a spent shell casing two bottle caps a piece of metal stripping and a 1985 penny. But like with me at least u know its working. I'm off to the lake next week for the first time the weather holds.HH Bob.B

Good bit of change there from your yard. All I can find in mine is shell casings and pull tabs. That King Cobra beer must be good stuff.....or Cheap...I bet I found 200 caps at Myrtle Friday ::)

Zeke, I've been hunting Myrtle for many years and the one thing I can say is if it ain't King Cobra it's Bud. For a beach that frowns on open containers there's alot of them. I usually hunt for a week when I'm down and finding more than a hundred bottle caps was not out of the question. Since I started using Minelab several years ago I have learned bottle caps and can now leave them alone. It takes lots of practice and a detector that you trust, but it's worth it. HH! Chris

King cobra is the cheap stuff. It's what the gang members and the vagrants/bums drink here in NY.

Looks like you're of to a great start! All you need is one good find and you'll be hooked...

beerdrinker said:
all i ever find are nails...

:D

Hang in there. Each time you go out the chances get better that you are going to find something good. Looking forward to the pics you'll be posting. Good luck and HH.

the part that scares me is that Im finding nails where NOTHING has ever been built... Thursday afternoon Im heading over to what people claim is an old house site, and I thinking of taking a 5 gallon bucket just for my nail collection!

;D

Hey MDnoob,
Thanks bro, I had all of this sitting in a cup on the top of the fridge. After reading your comment above. I looked a little closer to that dime. Its right underneath the shiny dime in the pic. To my disbelief it is a 1961 silver rosie. I just got permission to MD an old plantation "circa 1810" right down the road from me. Hopefully I will be posting pics of some much older stuff sometime next week!

Rob

All the ususal stuff i found the same stuff in my yard too, way back when. I did find one nice one though - an 1842 dime. Cam in with some fill dirt...wish I knew where that came from!!
HH
David

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back