First time out in a month and took my helper with me...

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Due to overtime and the spring making my 6 acres of grass take off like a chia pet, I haven't been out. Today I took the family out to get some fresh air and relax a little after cutting up ice storm tree limbs all day. My littlest one likes me to dig the holes and she plucks out the finds by waving the dirt in front of the coil to hear if it beeps. I usually take her to look for clad, but today I thought I would see if she could find her first minie ball. It was almost dark, so we only had about an hour, plus she gets bored real fast.

Well, my 12x10 widescan is acting funny. It signals everytime I bump grass or swing too fast. Drove me nuts, but I kept at it and finally had a signal that sounded like it wasn't a flase one. Megan ran over and started yanking dirt out of the hole after I plucked out the worms, she don't like bugs. Finally the signal wasn't in there anymore.

meganfind.jpg

She finds the little clod that had something in it and told me "I found a penny dad" and started to run off to throw sticks or something again. Well, I know better than to trust her 'coinage' so I had to take a look. Her penny looked awful shiney when I saw it in her hand.

I'll be dang if she wasn't trying to swindle me :)

1876.jpg

My first seated quarter :)

Our total take for the day. We did find a .58, but the ring is what made her day. She knew what that was and it's a honker of a silver ring. It's just a bit big for her finger, it's a large mans ring.

52807.jpg

Upvote 0

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You can send that helper to me anytime.Whatever she finds is hers.What a great way to spend the day.That quarter and ring are teriffic finds.WTG

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grib...that's awesome buddy,my little man will pick up the worm's and that's the last you'll see of him.I tell him to "relocate" them and get back so we can do some diggin'.Great time spent and an awesome dig today,glad you both could share it,that's what I'm talkin' about.Cool post and pic...Congrat's the SL and 3ringer you two......HH!!

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Good stuff Gribs. Glad you had a day with the family.

Burt

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I think she is your new good luck charm,
she charming indeed.
Congrats on the great finds. a seated quarter... wow!
That ring is really unusual too, a buckle and band ring, very cool!

Smiles!
BDoo

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great story! How about a few more details on that pretty thing? The coin, I mean!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with a little help while your out Digging!!!

Having a good time is what this Hobby is all about.

The Seeker

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats awesome Grib, Great times and time well spent. Tsgman

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Great finds. Cute little girl...my little girls are in their 40's now :( Glad you can spend some time with her, they grow up fast and move away before you know it.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Congrats on the great finds! I think she'll do just fine..she's got a great teacher. Give it a few years and she'll have you as a helper, then you can run off with a "silver penny". LOL

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
did you give her a nice new shiny quarter to "replace" the one she dug for you --helps to keep them interested that way---Ivan

diggitdoggie

Sep 26, 2006
Ohio
What a great story and sweet helper!
That's one nice "penny" she found.. ;D

My kids help too but they want to take all the worms home and adopt them.. :o

Thanks for sharing and congrats!
;D

DD

R

RUDY2003

Good story and pics grib, I want my grandaughter to go with me, maybe another year or so..

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Rudy,
The little ones are diggin fools once they get started. But as grib says easily destracted. I have one that will chase the ladybugs and another that just wants to play in the dirt.

No matter, having them there to share with is the best day spent.

OD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions